waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to use oil under the wax. Just a tiny amount... this way you won't tear any skin... then wax, then apply after lotion... tea tree oil is great because it is antibacterial and antifungal and antiseptic.

ok, so use iso, fist then a small amount of an oil - can i use jojoba, or grapseed? then rub it over the area to be waxed, then apply wax and wax then after cream lotion.

thank you for yoru help

ok, so use iso, fist then a small amount of an oil - can i use jojoba, or grapseed? then rub it over the area to be waxed, then apply wax and wax then after cream lotion.

thank you for yoru help

Yes... you got it :) As long as the oil you are using is not very heavy, then you should be fine. I do believe jojoba or grapeseed are fine. I tend to use a very basic light massage oil with Tea tree oil added to it for it's antiseptic qualities.

hi, i did my refresher, it really helped, only the class was a bit busy so instuctor was a bit over the place. What do you prefer to use to cleanse the skin before waxing? I tried witch hazel but was not impressed. also used a cream pre wax wich i found to a certain extent didnt help the wax to bond to well.
also the after wax lotion i am using doesnt seem to remove all the stickyness what do you recomend?

Hi

I use a product made by depileve.

I use the whole range of there waxing product, i love there pre-wax and they do an intimate pre-wax and wax as well which is lovely for the bikini area.

There after care lotions are superb as well, lovely smells and go on really nice. I have nothing but comments from my clients about the products and smells.

There website is Helionova - Commercial and Professional Sunbed Suppliers or Smart Buy - Beauty Supplies For Skin Care Professionals
I'm sure if you emailed them they might be able to help you, and i'm sure they have branches all over the world!!

Hope this helps anyway.

X

Yes, isopropyl alcohol is what I use. No, the oil makes waxing much easier. It coats the skin and acts as a barrier between the wax and the skin. So the wax doesn't stick to the skin, and you have less redness and irritation, and absolutely no chance of tearing the skin.

should i give the client for the bikini wax a pair of disposable panties?

should i give the client for the bikini wax a pair of disposable panties?

I never have. If they are there for a basic bikini I just leave their undies on. If they are there for a Brazillian then I get them to strip down bare.

I never have. If they are there for a basic bikini I just leave their undies on. If they are there for a Brazillian then I get them to strip down bare.

thanx

You really need to do a refresher course with a professional teacher, but incase you decide to go ahead for the safety of your client here is my advise with warm wax:

Check for contraindications, fill out record card

Wash hands

Test wax temperature on your arm and throw this spatula away

I then make the client bend up the leg of the side I am doing and put it against the side of their knee so to give a good stretch, I also get them to stretch their skin.

e.g on the right hand side of their bikini I get them to put their hand (left) on their bits stretching towards the left and with the other hand (in this case right hand) at the top of their leg pulling down in the direction of their knee .

I cleanse the area with pre wax cleanser then apply talc or a small amount of aftercare oil to the area.

Then I apply the wax downwards in the direction of the hair growth, so you are flattening it onto the skin, small patches at a time. Place the strip on with the top at the top of the section you are waxing,so that the bit without wax is hanging down. I then place one of my hands, not the one I will pull the strip with,to also be stretching the skin along with the client for a better stretch and pull off the strip by the bit with no wax upwards keeping it as close to the skin as possible. Then quickly put the back of my hand on the area I have removed hair from to help with pain relief.

(Throw away the spatula each time if the client has spotting and you need to go near that area more than once.)

When I have finished the first side I apply aftercare lotion/oil to the area and get the client to put that leg down and the other up and repeat the whole process on the other side.

I give the client aftercare advise and write reactions to waxing on the record card if there were any e.g spotting.

I really do not think you should be doing this procedure as you are unsure what you are doing and have only explained so that if you go ahead you have less chance of bruising/burning your client.

Hi I wonder if you can help. I joined this site as I'm a Nail Tech, but just thought I would take a look at the skin forum, I came accross this thread so thought I would see if you can help. I had my bikini line waxed about 1 year ago, when she did it, there was quiet a lot of bleeding on the right hand side, I have had bikini waxes many times before and never had this, then a lump formed under the skin, I've never done anything about it and the lump is still there and now no hair grows there, Do you have any idea why this may be and what I should do about it.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back