Ways of making more money in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
So I am having abit of a disaster, my landlords have just got permission to knock my shop(as well as the other 4 shops they also own that are next to me) down and rebuild a retail unit and build flats on top.

I found out my landlord were in talks with a supermarket (Tesco) a few months ago,hoping they would buy the row of shops( including the one I rent) This apparently fell through but now they have been permitted the planning permission (they had been trying for years to get this and now they finally said yes) so I am worried and certain they are going to eventually kick me out.

Sorry to go on but I would really appreciate help and opinions what you think I should do;

A shop that's 5-6 min walk from my current shop has come up. However the rent is double and I'd have to pay business rates as the shop is bigger. I've worked out I'd be roughly making a 10k loss.

Does anyone have ideas how I could make this up? I've thought about putting all prices up by £1or £2.
I'm not sure if renting a room to beauty therapist would be a good idea? Or what about a hairdresser would this work or would it be too much hassle to have to put in a water basin. What about renting someone office space? Could that be a possibility?
Any other ideas?

Or do you think I should stay where I am and buy another beauty business that's close to where I live (I've called a beauty salon I've been interested in and she has said she's interested in selling if price is right) - would this be silly to pay for a business when I already have a business that I could just move- so I would just pay to do the shop up (it's a big empty room so I would need to put stud walls and stuff up)

Please help xx

How about you look and see if you can get a loan to buy another business. It seems like the most natural route to go. xoxo

They may have applied for planning permission in order to make the entire property a more desirable purchase for a potential developer?

Don't make any hasty decisions especially, if you weren't planning to move in the short term. Research all the options and carefully consider the pro's and cons for each option, including staying put.

What is your rental agreement? If you have leased the property for a certain amount of time i don't think they can force you out before then x

Thank you for your reply, my rental agreement was they have to give me 6months notice to evict me but my lease runs out in may (I'm not in a very good lease it's not a normal one where usually you have to have some sort of notice- mine says they can ask me to leave when my lease ends) i have found out the developers who are buying the properties are completing with my landlords in may so I'm guessing the developers will then want me to leave- they are definatley turning it into a supermarket with flats on top.

I've just missed out on the empty shop down the road which I was interested someone else is putting a pop up shop for a year (they have 6months break clause- the landlord has said they would rather a long term person like myself there though so possibility of asking them to leave after the 6months)

Ahh so stressful I can't believe this is happening so suddenly, I am looking for other salons to come up for sale but nothing around at the moment where I live-

If I get asked to leave by may I don't know what I'm going to do wether to just go mobile with some of my current clients until something else comes up.

There are three really good ways you can increase your turnover. Get your regular clients coming more often, get them to spend more at each treatment and get them to bring a friend to your business for treatments too. Get creative with these three ways and you will soon be making more money.

Also you can take a business course and learn how to use Facebook effectively to market your business and promote yourself better. Getting the right ad and content in front of the right people, works.

There are three really good ways you can increase your turnover. Get your regular clients coming more often, get them to spend more at each treatment and get them to bring a friend to your business for treatments too. Get creative with these three ways and you will soon be making more money.

Also you can take a business course and learn how to use Facebook effectively to market your business and promote yourself better. Getting the right ad and content in front of the right people, works.
You are spot on. 3 really important things to any business. Increase frequency, increase spend and increase referrals. Can I borrow this subject for a blog post if you don't mind?

Are you trainined in the more advanced treatments, like Dermapen, Caci etc?
These are big ticket treatments which will increase your turnover and profit very easily.

You are spot on. 3 really important things to any business. Increase frequency, increase spend and increase referrals. Can I borrow this subject for a blog post if you don't mind?
Of course you can

Latest posts

Back