Ways to perform paraffin waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
My daughter has been shown to do this at college by putting a bit of wax in a plastic bag and then the foot or hand and kind of scrunching the bag around the hand to cover.Is this a usual practise what other ways are there apart from dipping in to the pot or brushing on.

That's how they taught it when I was in school a year ago.

S

I was taught to dip the hans or feet in the wax three or so times wrap it in a plastic bag and wrap towels around the plastic bag wait 15 - 20 minutes then remove the towels peel off the wax off into the plastic bag and throw the wax and plastic bag away. Then clean of the nails and polish. Bu first to your mani or pedi staps first. Then the wax treatment steps. Hope that helps some.

I was taught to dip the hans or feet in the wax three or so times wrap it in a plastic bag and wrap towels around the plastic bag wait 15 - 20 minutes then remove the towels peel off the wax off into the plastic bag and throw the wax and plastic bag away. Then clean of the nails and polish. Bu first to your mani or pedi staps first. Then the wax treatment steps. Hope that helps some.

So were you allowed to dip into the main pot of wax.This was the way i was taught many moons ago but I thought this wasn't practised anymore because of contaminating the wax.

My daughter has been shown to do this at college by putting a bit of wax in a plastic bag and then the foot or hand and kind of scrunching the bag around the hand to cover.Is this a usual practise what other ways are there apart from dipping in to the pot or brushing on.

They make paraffin now that is antibacterial, but, i am hoping if you have clients wash their hands before any services, :rolleyes: Always sanitize and disinfect:rolleyes:

They make paraffin now that is antibacterial, but, i am hoping if you have clients wash their hands before any services, :rolleyes: Always sanitize and disinfect:rolleyes:

Of course but i think we are on the same ground as re dipping spatulas for depilatory wax and health and safety regs dont like it even if you have sanitised the skin.

At college we were taught to ladel wax into a bowl and then to paint it onto the hands or feet, then wrap in foil or plastic, then wrap in towels or mitts.

At work, we either paint on or dip clients foot/hand in. We do a heat sensitivity test first though. Then put in plastic bag, then put on mitts. The plastic bag is much better than foil, the wax sticks to the plastic bag, so comes off with hardly any mess.

we were taught the bag scrunch method and also taught another method which involves 'painting' the parraffin wax on, then putting the hand/foot/whatever into the sandwich bag, OR we another method we used was to dip parraffin wax strips into the pot, let it drip for a couple of seconds, then wrap it around the area to be treated, i personally like this method for full body parraffin :) x

I was taught to put some foil in a bowl (to keep the wax warm) and ladel out the paraffin wax and brush it on to the clients hands or feet then the bag and mits this is the method i still use today. x

I was taught the same method as Hannah, the method of applying wax to the hands, feet, and body, by brushing on.

I have used this method in many salon and spa environments.:)

Hi

When we did paraffin wax treatements at college we had to dip gauze into the paraffin wax until it was really soaked and then wrap the clients legs or arms in the gauze.

I have never heard of anyone else doing it this way though.

Interesting to read all the different ways you can perform the treatment though.

Lisa

Hi

When we did paraffin wax treatements at college we had to dip gauze into the paraffin wax until it was really soaked and then wrap the clients legs or arms in the gauze.

I have never heard of anyone else doing it this way though.

Interesting to read all the different ways you can perform the treatment though.

Lisa

This hsa reminded me that someone on here said a whie back that you can do this with good quality tissues never tried it though.

hi I have recently passed my paraffin wax course. I was taught with the paraffin wax and spray wax way. with the paraffin bath i was told to lower the hand or foot in the bath without touching the sides or bottom then once hand or foot in the wax carefully brush the back and front up the wrist/ankle area (dip 3/4 times) then cover in bag then a heated mitt for 15/20 mins. you can do the paraffin wax on its own or as a luxury manicure/pedicure. the spray system is quicker but I find it messier to do and the wax is not so soft, it is harder to take of as it do not form a nice mask. i was also taught how to use gauze to put on the lower back, knees or any other area that needed treatment. just remember if you are using the bath method you would need to have a seperate bath for the hands and feet, and always sanitize before putting in the wax. :)

i was taught to decant wax into a foiled lined bowl, brush onto clients sanitized hand or foot, wrap in a plastic liner and insert into a towel bootie/mitt or use electric booties/mitts

this works great for me

Latest posts

Back