We have a date - July 6th!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
It seems we now have a date for reopening our salons.....
Not sure what services will be off limits
- does anyone know more...?
What are your thoughts?
Good Bad or Ugly.....

It seems we now have a date for reopening our salons.....
Not sure what services will be off limits
- does anyone know more...?
What are your thoughts?
Good Bad or Ugly.....

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that date of 6th July applies to Northern Ireland only:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53068658
Those of us waiting in England have been told 4th July at the earliest, but the confirmation from Government is still currently awaited.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that date of 6th July applies to Northern Ireland only:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53068658
Those of us waiting in England have been told 4th July at the earliest, but the confirmation from Government is still currently awaited.
Oops
To be honest - I’ve been hoping it’s later as it seems I have a leak under my salon floor & the whole floor will have to come up - so it looks like I won’t be opening till August now

I think a lot of my clients must have seen this ... my phone has been going crazy this evening.. but I’m in England so sorry clients but your Gunna have to wait for official guildlines before I start rebooking

Almost gave me a heart attack! LoL.
I think a lot of people have been getting confused with the different guidelines for different areas so no wonder you’ve been getting pestered by clients! Why can’t they wait until we get in touch with them to let them know?!!!
Northern Ireland have been doing pretty well lately with the virus I believe, deaths & new cases have fallen right down so can see why they are planning on reopening.
Whereas England are still way over a hundred deaths a day & well over a thousand new cases daily, R rate still high etc. Would be foolish to open us up yet.

Last edited:
Supercutz, I remember you posted a while back that opening guidelines had been released for Northern Ireland . I'm interested in the time gap between these & July 6th please? I know England wont necessarily follow suit, but it's just an interesting consideration. Thanks.

The Republic of Ireland has just announced that hairdressers & Beauticians can open from 29th June. It was originally planned to be 20th July so they’re obviously feeling positive that the virus in under control over here, to an extent.

Republic of Ireland - 29th June
Northern Ireland 6th july
Wales 13th july
England - To be confirmed
Scotland- To be confirmed

[edited by a moderator to clarify the difference between the Republic and Northern Ireland]

Republic of Ireland - 29th June
Northern Ireland 6th july
Wales 13th july
England - To be confirmed
Scotland- To be confirmed

[edited by a moderator to clarify the difference between the Republic and Northern Ireland]

Wales has actually yet to set a specific date, with the next review to take place on 9th July

Attachments

• 9207CF80-E6D1-4182-988E-EE5E72633E4B.jpeg
    9207CF80-E6D1-4182-988E-EE5E72633E4B.jpeg
    414.6 KB · Views: 45
Wales has actually yet to set a specific date, with the next review to take place on 9th July
Wales has been told to prepare for reopening on the 13th but it will be confirmed on the 9th July review. I think this will be the date for reopening unless something drastic happens.

My mum heard something on the radio news this morning about hairdressers can reopen from July 7th but didn’t hear it properly so not sure if it mentioned beauty or not. Has anyone else heard anything like that?
I have googled to see if anything official but can’t find anything but have seen lots of hair & beauty salons saying they are taking bookings for July 7th onwards.
First everyone’s booking up from the 4th now it’s the 7th, where is this all coming from??!!!!

Edited as have just seen this on Facebook from British Beauty Council
https://britishbeautycouncil.com/what-is-close-proximity-hair-beauty-and-personal-care/
No wonder therapists, hairdressers & clients are confused with all the dates floating around!

Last edited:
My mum heard something on the radio news this morning about hairdressers can reopen from July 7th but didn’t hear it properly so not sure if it mentioned beauty or not. Has anyone else heard anything like that?
I have googled to see if anything official but can’t find anything but have seen lots of hair & beauty salons saying they are taking bookings for July 7th onwards.
First everyone’s booking up from the 4th now it’s the 7th, where is this all coming from??!!!!

Edited as have just seen this on Facebook from British Beauty Council
https://britishbeautycouncil.com/what-is-close-proximity-hair-beauty-and-personal-care/
No wonder therapists, hairdressers & clients are confused with all the dates floating around!
Boris announcement is tomorrow lovely, hopefully we've more clarification then

Latest posts

Back