we invite you to join the BBW group !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I must be thick in the head, but what does BBW stand for?

If it stands for BRING BEER and WINE, I'm in, sign me up :D

Its 'BRING BACK WRAPS' but I'm sure it involves beer and wine (and voddy & Orange!)

And we're having a Blast! (OK Fabric# geeks, no pun intended!)

Are you in Heather? Are you a 'wrap em up' kind a gal?

Did the wraps go somewhere? Are they hiding? Were they nail-napped? ;)

I have to admit, I'm not much of a wrap users these days, I love UV Gel and L&P.

BUT, I love wine, and CAN perform a wrap service like nobodies business, so I'll play lol :)

Well pointed out i'd forgotten about that !

loving the new title:green:

so...............

• cheap/cost effective
  • thin & the most natural looking - in fact you cant even tell your 'wearing' them
  • bottom of the sensitivity ladder
  • strong
  • nice and compact on the 'kit front'
  • soaks off quick
any more 'pro's to add to the list

Fab for nail biters and pickers! There nothing for them to get their teeth under! OK so they can still do the old sideways teeth pinch, but its so smooth...and doesn't really lift!

Well - I have never used or seen a set of Wraps done so I fully intend to use my day shadowing our Ruthy by learning more about this method so can I join in via the Know More about BBW group?

Well - I have never used or seen a set of Wraps done so I fully intend to use my day shadowing our Ruthy by learning more about this method so can I join in via the Know More about BBW group?
And then you'll have to come and show me - I want to join:)

I love wraps, it was the first system I trained in :D

Can I join your club? :wink2:

This is something I would definitely love to learn.:) The idea of providing really natural nails is something I know a few of my ladies would love too.

So which makes are recommended and is it easy to learn? Can we teach ourselves? (Together with Ruthy of course!) :green:

I would love to join aswell.I have always loved the look of wraps,and fibreglass!....as Zingara said,its timeless,and i love that!

I see so many posts on here,stating that clients dont ask for it....but shouldnt we,as nail techs be promoting it!!!!!!!

Bring back Fibre,bring back silk....bring it ON!:eek::lol:

I'm a wrap virgin, so can I join too?? I love learning new stuff!

Can I join too?

Just as an answer to a previous post, spray activator is used on the thin viscocity resins and brush activator on the thicker viscocity resins....using a spray activator on a thicker viscocity resin would cause it to cure too quickly, heading for service breakdown....and with the brush activators and thicker resins, you can build your structure.

I trained in wraps but only use gel and l&p now, I find between the two systems I can find something to suit everyone..... but

I'm interested in hearing what brands all you wrap addicts use!! I never found they had enough strength unless someone had pretty strong nails anyway but maybe it depends on what you use.

And the big question, can you do Forever French with wraps or are they just for the natural look? :)

Edit to say just seen the other thread about which brands you use lol derr

And the big question, can you do Forever French with wraps or are they just for the natural look? :)

I used Fabric# as a wrap system unitl it was recently discontinued, and that had a POW - More than White, in the system for French.

I would have thought most other systems have the equivalent, but it'll be interesting to see.

I want to join, i'm so exicted i nearly peed my pants...... i'm learning silk wraps now and I LOVE THEM.
They seem so elegant,

(just realised i said i nearly peed my pants, tthats not due to excitement thats due to lack of pelvic floor muscles :green:)

Anyway can i join pleaseeeee, and i promise to sort out my pelvic floor :).

I was hopeing to will a day with Ruthie, but it didn't happen:cry: so I'm still a wrap virgin:irked:
anyway, I wanted to learn because I've been told that they are the best nails for clients on HRT and those on or had chemo.
so cant be a member boo hoo but will monitor closely to learn all I can:lol:

I wanted to learn because I've been told that they are the best nails for clients on HRT and those on or had chemo.

Wow is this correct?

Can anyone explain how & why?

I guess one of the reasons is because, as Ruth says somewhere in this or the other thread, EC resin is the lowest on the sensitivity scale and both Chemo and HRT can make your skin ultra sensitive, however ther may be other reasons as well.

I guess one of the reasons is because, as Ruth says somewhere in this or the other thread, EC resin is the lowest on the sensitivity scale and both Chemo and HRT can make your skin ultra sensitive, however ther may be other reasons as well.

Well that is really good to know especially as many of my clients are more mature. Thanks.:)

It was the first system i ever learnt.I just use my resin to mend my dishwasher rack now.Although i might have another go at it.

Im a wrap virgin .. but i want in! Be interested to know what everyone uses.

Hurrah for this thread! I've been thinking lately that I'd like to get some training in wraps.

Can I join as a rookie?:green:

Latest posts

Back