we invite you to join the BBW group !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im In:green:
I fixed my ring finger with a silk wrap as it had broke straight across, but not all the way on Saturday......Oh my god the pain after I sprayed the activator, thank god it was myself and not a client, It still stung a few hours later but thankfully gone now.
Still love em though so natural, not keen on fiberglass prefer china silk meself:green:
Jen

I guess one of the reasons is because, as Ruth says somewhere in this or the other thread, EC resin is the lowest on the sensitivity scale and both Chemo and HRT can make your skin ultra sensitive, however ther may be other reasons as well.

I didn't know this, another reason that I know is,
clients on HRT quiet often can't keep enhancements on, they get loads of lifting, the effect is like, you've put a layer of oil down instead of removing shine, I think its something to do with HRT causing a protein imbalance, if I've got this wrong I'm sure someone will say so:lol: any way wraps are not based on acrylic, so have a completely different chemical composition and this reacts differently/more sympathetically to the natural nail.
I'm guessing chemo has the same effect on the body, in that it throws the hormones out of balance, a common side affect of chemo is that straight hair becomes curly. Hair and nails are made of the same stuff so, just being logical here, it makes sense for nail composition to change to.

I didn't know this, another reason that I know is,
clients on HRT quiet often can't keep enhancements on, they get loads of lifting, the effect is like, you've put a layer of oil down instead of removing shine, I think its something to do with HRT causing a protein imbalance, if I've got this wrong I'm sure someone will say so:lol: any way wraps are not based on acrylic, so have a completely different chemical composition and this reacts differently/more sympathetically to the natural nail.
I'm guessing chemo has the same effect on the body, in that it throws the hormones out of balance, a common side affect of chemo is that straight hair becomes curly. Hair and nails are made of the same stuff so, just being logical here, it makes sense for nail composition to change to.

I never have a prob with them lifting and I'm on HRT, have never had a prob with acrylic or gel lifting either.... mmm I must be a weirdo:irked:
Jen

Wraps was the first system I learnt, so it does have a special place in my heart. However, I havn't found it to be strong enough for my clients (except for a natural repair).:cry:

Right guys just few pointers lol:
Why is it burning/stinging/making my eyes water/or elavating me to the ceiling?????
The burning that is felt when using the activator is due to spraying to close and to much. This causes an exothermic reaction, sprayed to closely, too much or also using it with a thick viscosity adhesive can cause a chemical heat reaction (Exothermic reaction), this reaction can reach temperatures of 120F / 49 C.
The more molecules of Cyanoacrylate you have, the more heat is released. Each time a molecule of Cyanoacrylate joins with another, a tiny amount of heat is released.
If 100 million molecules joined together in a few seconds, will release more heat than 50 million molecules polymerizing in the same amount of time. This exothermic reaction can lead to onycholysis and is also a very uncomfortable experience for the client.
To much of this trigger can also lead to micro shattering of the adhesive, which then reduces the strength and adhesion of your coating, tiny microscopic cracks appear that eventually can turn into product breakdown.

With regards to Chemo:
Chemo therapy destroys cells, the chemo cannot tell the difference between good cells and bad cells, so it has a go at all....
this can change the rate of nail growth, there may be some white lines across the nail plate. Sometimes the shape or colour of the nails may change, they may become darker or paler, Nail enhancements or enamel can disguise the white lines, the nails may also become more brittle and flakey....

During Chemo therapy I would suggest gently oil manicures to replenish the natural nail.... water free warm oil ones would be a fab treat.... warmed Solar Oil is a good one.....just use gentle tools and gentle manoeuvres on the nail, cotton wool wrapped around an orange stick is a good alternative to a cuticle pushy or cuticle knife and then use plenty of Cuticle remover..then for aftercare and home care, plenty of solar oil until the Chemo treatment is finished.....keep in mind the choice of your sanitised and disinfected tools, to reduce the risk of infections via soft tissue damage, some patients skin becomes thinner and is more prone to break and bleed......

After the Chemo Therapy:
there is no reason why Nail enhancements may not be applied if the natural nail is free of Onycholisis, this may happen due to the cell changes during chemo and the higher risk of infections as the body will be at its lowest ebb...
Enhancements should be kept short and as thin and as natural as possible... Fibreglass or Silk is a great System here......

If you want to know more about Nail services for Cancer patients get in touch with Cancer Backup, they know their stuff and are the most friendly people I have ever dealt with in my questions regarding Cancer and any type of Nail Service:

I hope this helps a little xxxx

I will gladly join your BBW gang
what does it involve lol

If this thread gets on Google (as, of course, lots of Salongeek stuff does) you lot are going to have soooo many clicks from guys looking for Big Beautiful Women.... :lol:

THAT'S what I thought this was about, and couldn't figure what it was doing on salongeek:eek:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR thats not nice , we need to change that then....ok any idea to what ?????

Hi , I would like to join as I have a soft touch wraps system by nsi which I plan to use on my mum as she is suffering from flaky nails after having chemo ,
I used this system may years ago whilst doing my IHBC manicure unit ,
I just need a little refesh of to bring it all back again as I have now forgotten bits of it all , well ruddy great chunks :eek: to be honest lol :lol:,
could we do a step by step ? please ? kind geekys

Latest posts

Back