Weave and wave bar business opportunity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelhair225

Ramy hair
Reaction score
Hi geeks I'm looking for some advice I've been doing hair extensions now full time for three years , I've been watching the local hair extension market closely and feel there's a massive gap in the market for a weave and wave bar a full kitted out salon with hair on site to retail and fit , I've done a business plan and Al though the main capital is filling a salon to have hair on site to fit and retail I'm really confident ,I will work by appointment but have another two member of staff ready to fit hair on demand ,there is literally no where you can go and purchase decent hair trade/public it's all ordered via net ect , I'm hoping to stock hair from suppliers I currently use and hoping for some kind of credit as I've built up great business relationship , the selling point is no waiting about you come and choose your hair and get it fitted same day , with a retail outlet for local fitters ?? Any thoughts or input that anyone's done anything similar ??

I would personally say it depends on your area and if it is needed as there are many places that do this already, we actually have a salon at our head office and out Leeds branch where we retail hair to the public and trade. You'll find it's the same up and down the country with small and large suppliers.

I see your also located in Manchester, that may not be the best place as you have multiple Pauls Hair Worlds located there which would be hard to compete for a start up.

If you have any specific questions I can try to answer them for you.

I know Paul's hair world would be my main competitor but I've done research that indicates the hair they sell is more of a budget lower quality other than beauty works , and there fitting bar hasn't the best reputation , also they don't sell well to trade , so I hope I'd meet the higher demand on trade and quality , Also my main selling point supply and fit on demand in a running salon , my area doesn't have anything like this , thanks for your input x

I know Paul's hair world would be my main competitor but I've done research that indicates the hair they sell is more of a budget lower quality other than beauty works , and there fitting bar hasn't the best reputation , also they don't sell well to trade , so I hope I'd meet the higher demand on trade and quality , Also my main selling point supply and fit on demand in a running salon , my area doesn't have anything like this , thanks for your input x

Pauls Hair World stock a wide range of brands, yes some are budget but they do stock other high end brands too, not just Beauty Works. There is also a reason they stock more budget, it sells better retail and to the general public as usually trade customers won't purchase retail as it's inconvenient.

I personally wouldn't recommend making the retail side your selling point, unless you have a good chunk of change behind you to hold a wide range of stock and can employ a number of staff, as some customers could take up to 30+ minutes each to serve. You would be better focused on fittings with hair in stock so that you can fit same day, that would be your usp.

Id say go for it! Sounds like a great idea, only you know your local and surrounding area and if you see a gap in the market then why not! You will never know unless you try :)

I would go for it, it is really good idea, you will be successful x

Thanks guys don't know why I'm so nervous but I feel ready for a challenge x

There's something in Liverpool zest I think? Hairdressers then shop next door but I think they are both linked from what I've seen on Instagram. Are you planning city centre or a town out of the centre? X

There's something in Liverpool zest I think? Hairdressers then shop next door but I think they are both linked from what I've seen on Instagram. Are you planning city centre or a town out of the centre? X
Yes I've seen that I live literally 5 mins from Manchester City centre but central to all the surrounding areas and just near the motorway so I was thinking there I'm already retailing another brands hair to extension fitters so think this is the right step x

Latest posts

Back