Weave extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Im getting a little confused with wording of different kinds of extensions..ive had a weave before, it was two pleats around the back of my head..but when i type in weaves into you tube its women getting theyr whole head pleated...whats the one with two pleats from temple to temple and across the nape?

Also a friend i work with (i work in a hair/beauty salon) wants me to sew her extensions in as practice so im looking for helpfull videos ect...

Thank u!
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

They're both weave but as with any extensions this can come as full head, half head, quarter etc.
2 tracks would be 1/4 head.
4 is half head and all is full head

Ah i see, thank you!
My friend has jaw length thick hair so im trying to decide the best plan for her hair.
Thank u for your reply!

Exactly both are weaves , just for many girls with very short hair you will have to do whole head covered with weft , to make extensions look good. For ladies with shoulder length hair you can add just few tracks for volume and length and it will be enough here is the pic of 4 rows of hair
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367283303.582260.jpg

Great thanks very much for your reply!
Shes not wanting loads of length just a bit longer than what she already has! Im doing it this morning, off to buy the hair and colour it. I will post the pictures later....(excited/nervous) x

If you are sewing the wefts in make sure the cornrow plaits are secure to make a good base & use the correct stitch. Blanket stitch is what I use. I have done loads of weaves as I do Afro hair.

My godness i was nervous! Got it done tho but as i havent done it before im unsure if it is good or not. I watched alot of videos on youtube on weaves and cornrows but obv seeing in person is completly different! She loves it so what more can u ask for..now that ive done it i know what i would change if i was to do it again x

Share the pic with us:)

My godness i was nervous! Got it done tho but as i havent done it before im unsure if it is good or not. I watched alot of videos on youtube on weaves and cornrows but obv seeing in person is completly different! She loves it so what more can u ask for..now that ive done it i know what i would change if i was to do it again x

I have pictures bur cant seem to post them!! Agh...it says the admin have disabled this option :S

Sew ins can also be done without plaits. I just did them today, Micro sew ins. No braids and less bulky. The braids are good. I wet them before braiding as I could get them tighter and more secure, knowing they'd relax when dry. If that makes sense

Micro sew ins are micro rings, sewn onto the hair collected in them. Really easy

Latest posts

Back