Weave hair extensions-How to disguise the real hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just had my hair extensions re-done and my real hair that has been left out on the top looks really noticeable. The only way I can disguise it is to tie half of my hair up. I'd really like to leave it all down but what can I do with my real hair to make it less noticeable?

Any advice much appreciated.

I've just had my hair extensions re-done and my real hair that has been left out on the top looks really noticeable. The only way I can disguise it is to tie half of my hair up. I'd really like to leave it all down but what can I do with my real hair to make it less noticeable?

Any advice much appreciated.
Did the hairdresser not give you any advice on this?what's the point in spending mega bucks on hair extensions and being able to see the difference and having to wear the hair up?:confused:

No she didn't say anything. While she was finishing it off I asked whether it blended in well and she said yes but I've had a look since I've got home and it's really noticeable.

Have it razored in by a hairdresser who knows how to style extensions.
The hair will be sectioned verticaly and gentle layers razored in.
then the last 1 or 2cm of your own hair snipped with thinning scissors to meld into the extensions.

It should look like one hairstyle. and not separate when you turn your head!
xxx

Thanks for that :) I'm getting it cut tomorrow as the extensions are far too long anyway. I will ask about having layers razored in :)

I have managed to blend it in a little better today. When the hairdresser straightened it she must have straighted it in an outwards motion rather than under if that makes any kind of sense lol. I've straigtened it today and it looks OK at least I can go out :D

ou can tell if it's cut well, look at the back of your head in a mirror and shake your head, You shouldn;t be able to tell the dif. shake your head a little when they show you after the cut and you'll see if needs anymore doing to it.
x

Latest posts

Back