weavels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
does anyone know how to get rid of weavels? no matter what I do, they are lurking in flour ect, I have cleaned the cubboards ect, but no luck?

we had weavils the other year. the little beggars were living in a bag of bird seed that we had bought from a farm shop.
the only thing i can suggest is bin all dry goods including bread, rice, pasta,cereals etc.

thats what we did and they did eventually stop, coz there was nothing for them to eat:green:

deb x

I had these in a kitchen cupboard the year before last and they were buggers to get rid of. Firstly I had to completely empty the cupboard, don't wash the cupboard out with water if you can avoid it as the weavils like damp conditions. If you do wipe the cupboard out make sure it is dry. I couldn't put anything back in my cupboard for about 3 months as just as I thought I had got rid of them I found more lurking.

My weavils I am convinced came into my house in a packet of weetabix bought from a very large supermarket chain!

The best way to alleviate this is.....................don't cook:)

I have never even heard of weavels...you learn something new everyday on here....good luck x

Same as Angie, Im not too sure what a weavel is?? Are they the same as those little things that are all silver that live by your radiators? Or not??
lol!!
I feel so dumb!! :lol:

I have never even heard of weavels...you learn something new everyday on here....good luck x

i was just thinking the same thing!

They are like nits but you get them in flour and other similar things tbh

Same as Angie, Im not too sure what a weavel is?? Are they the same as those little things that are all silver that live by your radiators? Or not??
lol!!

no they are silver fish, and they like the damp!!
mind you my husband calls them silverbacks and if you knew what they were youd laff your head off!!( think gorrilas in the mist!)

i had the weevel things before and i threw everything away and disinfected my cupboards and had to buy all new stuff

lol!!

They live by your radiators???
Where?? I'm looking right now btw:eek:
WTF is living in MY house near MY radiators??????????

Aaargh cool so now I know what a weavel is! This site is great isnt it!!!:green:

One trick to prevent them is to put dry bay leaves in with the dry good. I usually put a ton loose in the cupboard too. Worth a go. Nasty buggers.
Youre worried about what lives by your radiators?!? What about the nasty sloughed off skin eating bugs in the bed? Or the microscopic bug thingies that live in our eyes? :twisted:

when you cook with them , it gets rid of a few.......

Bay leaves.

Put a few bay leaves in with your flour.
Place a few in your cupboard as well.
Works for rice, cornflour and everything else they get into.

Keeps them all at bay...um, no pun intended.

thank you everyone! will try the bay leaves.

Latest posts

Back