Website and graphics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie8320

Reaction score
Ive seen a fair few threads on here recently regarding website design and just wanted to share my experience in the hope it will help someone else.
I'm a mobile hairstylist, did have a great client base and then went on maternity leave. On returning back to work I wanted to advertise in the new area I have moved to.
I did think about having a go at designing a website myself - I've done it before and found it ok, but it was a lengthly process and never looked as professional as I'd hoped. I decided to take the plunge and hire penguin pages (banner penguin) to do the hard work for me. I'd already had my logo designed by Carl from verve previously, it was great as they seem to work together behind the scenes so I didn't have to do anything at all really - just provide the information that I wanted on the site.
Adam was helpful, extremely patient, made great suggestions and answered all of my queries promptly. It was very stress free and I feel a really good price for the service he provided (much cheaper than other quotes I'd had previously).
Here's a link to my site
www.mobilehairdresserstourport.co.uk
Hopefully you'll like it as much as I do!
So thanks to both Adam and Carl for a fab service - you're both highly recommended :)

Thank you for the lovely review :)

Wow. Even on my S4mini I could use the site with ease, I know all your services and prices, all the information was written in a friendly way and clear.
I want that website lol

Wow. Even on my S4mini I could use the site with ease, I know all your services and prices, all the information was written in a friendly way and clear.
I want that website lol

We I'm sure we could do a similar site but we don't copy sites for several clients :) Feel free to request a quote on our website if interested.
It's very important to be easy to use on mobile devices now because websites that aren't mobile responsive no longer show up in Google!

Hi Carrie
Fab website and lovely logos etc!
Hope it brings lots of business your way.

Best wishes
Rachael

Thankyou both :)

Ive seen a fair few threads on here recently regarding website design and just wanted to share my experience in the hope it will help someone else.
I'm a mobile hairstylist, did have a great client base and then went on maternity leave. On returning back to work I wanted to advertise in the new area I have moved to.
I did think about having a go at designing a website myself - I've done it before and found it ok, but it was a lengthly process and never looked as professional as I'd hoped. I decided to take the plunge and hire penguin pages (banner penguin) to do the hard work for me. I'd already had my logo designed by Carl from verve previously, it was great as they seem to work together behind the scenes so I didn't have to do anything at all really - just provide the information that I wanted on the site.
Adam was helpful, extremely patient, made great suggestions and answered all of my queries promptly. It was very stress free and I feel a really good price for the service he provided (much cheaper than other quotes I'd had previously).
Here's a link to my site
www.mobilehairdresserstourport.co.uk
Hopefully you'll like it as much as I do!
So thanks to both Adam and Carl for a fab service - you're both highly recommended :)

lovely website Carrie :) very professional looking and easy to navigate! I so need one!! My only issue is website domain name!

lovely website Carrie :) very professional looking and easy to navigate! I so need one!! My only issue is website domain name!

What's the issue with domain name? Can't think of one? :)

What's the issue with domain name? Can't think of one? :)

Lol I did but unfortunately that one is taken! Well, the .co.uk one is.

I have requested a quote on your website btw :D

Hi your website looks pretty, but your SEO is going to be a total nightmare.

So many things wrong with it unfortunately and google will punish you hard for them errors.

Hi your website looks pretty, but your SEO is going to be a total nightmare.

So many things wrong with it unfortunately and google will punish you hard for them errors.

Luckily the on-page SEO hasn't been done yet :)

Luckily the on-page SEO hasn't been done yet :)
Glad to hear it as its useless in terms of SEO as it currently stands.

Really wish the website owner all the best luck with getting customers ;)

Glad to hear it as its useless in terms of SEO as it currently stands.

Really wish the website owner all the best luck with getting customers ;)

I don't know if I agree or why it would necessitate heavy SEO investment anyway. No amount of SEO is going to make it appear first page for when someone Googles "hair". Now... add "Mobile hairdressing for the greater xyz area" into the footer and you will rank decent enough when someone searches for a mobile hair dresser in xyz.

I don't know if I agree or why it would necessitate heavy SEO investment anyway. No amount of SEO is going to make it appear first page for when someone Googles "hair". Now... add "Mobile hairdressing for the greater xyz area" into the footer and you will rank decent enough when someone searches for a mobile hair dresser in xyz.

Exactly :) I'm not planning on taking over the world - I work for myself by myself! I'm using the website alongside other marketing tools such as Facebook, flyers and most importantly word of mouth to increase my client base.

So back to the point - thanks Adam, I'm really pleased with the work you've done :)

Latest posts

Back