Website and shopping ecommerce

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terese

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have my business website and want to sell products on line.

I could add a paypal link etc but I dont wish to do that.

Anyone know of any professional eccommerce shops as my web host isnt able to incorporate a professiona looking eccomerce shop into my website

so in a nutshell what im looking for is

ability to keep and show the world my business and what im about
sell products, and take payments - I have streamline in shop so am thinking of sage pay etc

I would like the ability to keep it all in current domain name without compromise

without having to pay a fortune for doing so as well would be helpful.

thanks all

As you've mentioned Sage Pay, I'd recommend having a word with Fozzyo (Mat) on here, mdo design :: web site design & consultancy - as I know that he offers Zen Cart powered e-commerce sites at a reasonable price - and I also know that Zen Cart integrates with Sage Pay.

If you want an example of an e-commerce site that Mat has designed before, have a look at the Berins site, Welcome to Berins Wax

Hi Ruth
Hows you?

Yes thats along the lines - seems to be though a lack of website design where you can have all your info on and a proper eccomerce site or maybe Im not looking in the right areas.

I will have more of a search tonight when I have time but my hosting company have said I could keep my website and have a link to the ecomerce site which would have to have a different domain name(me thinks more money for them new domain name):)

Hi Ruth
Hows you?

Yes thats along the lines - seems to be though a lack of website design where you can have all your info on and a proper eccomerce site or maybe Im not looking in the right areas.

I will have more of a search tonight when I have time but my hosting company have said I could keep my website and have a link to the ecomerce site which would have to have a different domain name(me thinks more money for them new domain name):)

Am good thanks, mega busy, but that's no bad thing lol.

What your website company didn't tell you is that you should also be able to have a "subdomain", e.g. if you have mysite.co.uk then a subdomain would be shop.mysite.co.uk - which can point to the same server as your website, or to a different server (and it's dead easy to set up - you just need to add another entry to the DNS zone file for your domain).

Also you shouldn't need to spend more than £5.98 + VAT for a new .co.uk domain name for a 2-year registration (that's what 123-reg.co.uk charge anyway, and I use them for all my domains - so if your web company want to charge you something astronomical for a new domain, then they are ripping you off).

I guess the main issue is that a lot of the "off the shelf" shopping cart solutions are geared to the shop being the focus of the site - rather than integrating a shop within an existing site; have a word with Mat anyway and see what he says, as he might be able to do what you want.

I'm integrating a payment system onto my website at the moment. It's through streamline, it's a virtual terminal but you also get a payment gateway that you can fully integrate into your website. Partial integration takes you to an external site but when it is fully integrated you stay in your domain name. For the first 7 days it's not secure but after that it is as it takes time to get the secure certificate or whatever it is they get. Something about 3D something I think.

To be honest our guy has just integrated it and I don't read the e-mails about it, I just pass that info on to the hubby to sift through it all. You would need to be able to upload pictures and things to you site and do a buy now button which then takes you to the payment gateway.

Hi Geeks

I have my business website and want to sell products on line.

I could add a paypal link etc but I dont wish to do that.

Anyone know of any professional eccommerce shops as my web host isnt able to incorporate a professiona looking eccomerce shop into my website

so in a nutshell what im looking for is

ability to keep and show the world my business and what im about
sell products, and take payments - I have streamline in shop so am thinking of sage pay etc

I would like the ability to keep it all in current domain name without compromise

without having to pay a fortune for doing so as well would be helpful.

thanks all

Hi

As well as being a Spray Tanner, I work for a Payment Processor called CashFlows. We offer the merchant account, payment gateway and free Virtual Terminal. If you want any advice or help, just shout!

Lisa

Latest posts

Back