Website builder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Reynolds

Reaction score
what do we all think of Wix.com as a free website bulider? im a home salon so dont really want to invest money in just a website. x x x x

what do we all think of Wix.com as a free website bulider? im a home salon so dont really want to invest money in just a website. x x x x
It's ok. You'll struggle to rank any website in google made in it if you're looking at targeting London.
Wix is what it is. If you don't want to invest money in a website it's a free option but it also looks obvious you don't want to invest in a website if you keep there ads all over your website.

A website shouldn't be seen as an expense but an investment. We have clients who have home salons and websites with us and theirs bring them in more clients which produces a fantastic return on investment which is the idea :)

A website isn't just a website,it will most likely be your most useful and used marketing tool,most potential.clients will check your website out before contacting you etc. There's nothing wrong with wix as a starter,I currently have a wix and it does the job,however I am.looking I to getting someone to build me a paid for one as I am looking at online booking,linked to my FB page etc and as above post days,I want more google visibility etc and wix (I believe) doesn't offer this. No idea how much this would cost me though!

It's ok. You'll struggle to rank any website in google made in it if you're looking at targeting London.
Wix is what it is. If you don't want to invest money in a website it's a free option but it also looks obvious you don't want to invest in a website if you keep there ads all over your website.

A website shouldn't be seen as an expense but an investment. We have clients who have home salons and websites with us and theirs bring them in more clients which produces a fantastic return on investment which is the idea :)
Would you be able to pm or email me any ideas on price for setting up/building a website please?

Would you be able to pm or email me any ideas on price for setting up/building a website please?
Yeah no problem :)
I'll do that this evening for you.

I think with the level of clientele your going for you need a pretty nice website, excellent ranking seo done too, have you googled hairdressers in London? Have a peek at the top ones and imagine the advertising budget their working with, if your not bothered by struggling to get up there with the big boys on google go for wix or weebly is nice too :)

Personal opinion.
Free websites will get you up and running but pay the very small amount so you don't have Wix or Weebly in your Web address as that just looks awful and cheap.

It really doesn't cost that much to get a decent website. We didn't pay a lot for ours and could do all price changes etc ourselves. I did pay for seo which was quite expensive - about £500 a year - but we do really well with it. I've had a lot of positive feedback about my website but am now in the process of a compete overhaul.

I originally had just a landing page that a friend did. Then I did a Weebly one and made sure it didn't say Weebly. This was okay. With hindsight it looked a bit busy and I probably tried too hard, plus it took bloody ages!

I definitely think that if you're charging a good whack for quality treatments, get a decent website. It's definitely an investment.

Good luck x

Thanks guys for your help, I'm currently going to look into a paid website as I would like seo aswell.

Thanks again guys X

Latest posts

Back