Website constructive criticism please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD Beauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone I would really appreciate some constructive criticism on my website, I have created it myself and learning as I go. Any tips on how to improve it would be very welcome. Here goes www.rdbeauty.co.uk

These are my recommendations:
  • Remove the background behind your logo. I can't even read the menu.
  • Your page needs a fixed width so the text doesn't go right to the very each of the screen.
  • Need to work on white space between items. IE you button is right up against your image - https://d.pr/i/oQGevJ
  • The Facebook feed doesn't look great. I'm not sure how you've built your site but unless they have a better way to display it, I'd remove it.
  • Your website should have a core focus. Trying to advertise services and products on the home page in that way is confusing. Realistically do you think you'll sell much online? Probably best to just focus on selling to your clients directly from yourself directly.
  • Contact should be the last item on your menu
  • Your contact page says to fill in the form and you'll send them an online booking thing. Why not just integrate your online booking on the website? Also, I don't see a phone number?
  • There is no spacing between paragraphs. For example, Lash & Brows page.
  • Centred text is hard to read and should be used sparingly. Need to work on the flow of your nails page as right now I don't know where to look.
  • Spray Tanning content font is totally different from the other pages? Smaller and darker?

Please take these comments as intended - all made to be constructive and help give you direction for improvements :)

Thank you so much that’s exactly what I need! I find friends and family etc tell me what I want to here rather than what is best. I have started making changes already some will take a little longer as I have to email support some questions on the parts I don’t understand. Thank you again [emoji16]

I have built my site using Yola.com I have no official training, I’ve learnt a few things on they way but a lot is totally out of my depth.

*In regards to the Facebook feed did you mean the reviews part or the bit with the comments section?

* Do you think the shop would be better on another page or even a separate site?
X

Latest posts

Back