Website content tense

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
Okay guys, before you read I am sorry if this a stupid question but here we go...

What tense do I speak when writing on my website?
I'm one person so...

I am more than happy to help
Luxe Tanning is happy to help
We are happy to help

I just do not know...cos right now my site is all over the place with things like this

All answers appreciated lol

As you are a one man band use 'I am happy to help'. It keeps the site more intimate and that is usually what people are attracted to, remain professional but refer to yourself as 'I' and use the 'present tense' as you are hoping to get them to book now (with a tiny amount of future tense for those future bookings ;)).

Oh god am I going to have to say Hi Im Lucy!
cringeee

Oh god am I going to have to say Hi Im Lucy!
cringeee
No. You can keep it totally professional but a little but more personal and intimate.

I think it looks slightly ridiculous when people put 'We offer. .....' then you find out the 'we' is just one person working from home.

I didn't use my name on my original website when I worked from home as I didn't want excessive familiarity.

Good luck with it

Vic x

I use we. And I'm a one (wo)man band. Only because at the time of making my website I had intended to take someone on.

And I still have the intention, so haven't changed it.

I use we, I'm a sole trader but there are a few other people who work in the salon so I like to say we.

I kind of use the third person on my web & social media, even though it is just me. I do get where you're coming from with the 'We' when actually it is just ME ! haha. But.... I think it makes for better branding and marketing, so rather than 'we' I use the company name (a lot !!) eg.... "Bliss will offer you XXX", "Bliss is XXX", "Bliss has XXX" So in effect, Bliss is me, I am Bliss and much less misleading than 'we'. I like that there is a separation between me & my business 'persona'. I just think it depends how you want to communicate and represent your business to your clients. Great question though! :) x

Latest posts

Back