Website decisions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura1201

Reaction score
Hi!

I've just started a new business and I'm looking into setting up a website. I rent a room in a hairdresser and my question is should the hairdresser and I share a website or would it be a good idea for me to have my own separate website?

Thanks!

I would say your own, in case you ever move and have a space anywhere else.

Good thinking! Thanks for your reply :)

Hi

Definitely your own, as you can control the content etc, and you will be responsible for the hosting etc, so you won't run the risk of it closing down if the bill isn't paid.

You should have a reciprocal link to their website though, this would promote each other, then if/when you move, you can remove the link.

If any of your clients decide to have their hair done at the other salon, do you get a finders fee? Just a thought, lol

Good luck

I would recommend you get your own website as then you will have total control over the content and if you move out of the salon all you need to do is change the contact details on the site.

You can get cheap websites from vista print and webs.com

Ditto what the others have said. If it's your business, then you'll be wanting full control over it.

Looking ahead, things may not work out where you are but if the website is your own, all you need do if you were to move on is change the address details.

Both !
You would benefit by having a link on salons website and yr basic info. But should have your own too.

Hi!

I've just started a new business and I'm looking into setting up a website. I rent a room in a hairdresser and my question is should the hairdresser and I share a website or would it be a good idea for me to have my own separate website?

Thanks!

I personally would have my own as they are two different businesses and perhaps have links to each others.

Thanks for all the replies! Now, where do I start?! I'm only in my 4th week of business and obviously want to keep costs down. I've heard that you can get a free website, is this worth while or is it best to pay for quality and get good custom in return? Don't want to totally cheap out but worry that I pay alot of money for a website and it doesn't work!
Thanks again

Deffo separate website, however you may experience problems with SEO when it comes to address as im guessing you are in the same building. If you can diffrentiate both business addresses (even if you are unit 1 etc) it will save you problems further down the line.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back