Website feedback please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxandpolish

Reaction score
Hello

I've nearly finished my website! I've built it myself so would be grateful if a few of you could have a look and give me some feedback. Be as harsh as you like I've got tough skin!

I am still doing some training and will be taking on some more product ranges (facial mainly) in the coming months but for now this is what I am able to offer.

Thanks
www.figbeautysalon.co.uk

I really like it its given me some good ideas when I do mine :) whoe have you done it with x

Thank you, I built it with Moonfruit.

ps if any of you want to like my facebook page which is linked through the website feel free!

I like the website, clear pictures, not too much script, my two observations are really personal preference so I hope you don't mind me sharing with you -the wording 'free of charge' - 'complimentary' is a far kinder word with the same meaning. I also like to see the trade marks after names if they are warranted ie: CND Vinylux™, CND Shellac™ I think it just adds a little more professionalism considering some people just use the word Shellac to mean any number of gel polishes although I have noticed the CND also...

Last edited:
Looks really nice.

On the left side I think perhaps you could use a slightly darker font for the page titles as I opened it on my iPad and the light colour against the white background was a little hard to see.

Good luck

Jack

I like the website, clear pictures, not too much script, my two observations are really personal preference so I hope you don't mind me sharing with you -the wording 'free of charge' - 'complimentary' is a far kinder word with the same meaning. I also like to see the trade marks after names if they are warranted ie: CND Vinylux™, CND Shellac™ I think it just adds a little more professionalism.

Nope don't mind at all. Both valid points! Complimentary is easy to change and much better, adding the TM might be a bit more complicated as the text option in moonfruit won't let me elevate the mark. Might try copying and pasting from somewhere else. Thanks for the feedback.

Looks really nice.

On the left side I think perhaps you could use a slightly darker font for the page titles as I opened it on my iPad and the light colour against the white background was a little hard to see.

Good luck

Jack

Good point - I haven't even checked it out on my ipad yet although it should be compatible and it obviously worked for you! Thank you.

Nope don't mind at all. Both valid points! Complimentary is easy to change and much better, adding the TM might be a bit more complicated as the text option in moonfruit won't let me elevate the mark. Might try copying and pasting from somewhere else. Thanks for the feedback.

Copy and paste from my examples, it should let you. CND Shellac™
Also if you can add:

"Website designed and copyright by Fig Beauty 2014" in the footer part of every page this again is professional wording (without the speech marks obviously) ha ha.

Wow you do a whole set of brisalite smoothing gel for only £5? I assume that's within a shellac/vinylux service and not by itself then ;)

Wow you do a whole set of brisalite smoothing gel for only £5? I assume that's within a shellac/vinylux service and not by itself then ;)

Yes it's within a Shellac or Vinylux service. Do you think this is too little then? I've never been asked to do it without full manicure and this seems to be the going rate around here. What do you charge?

Hi it's very clear and professional. I am a hawk eye and did spot on the waxing and eyelashes price list pages it still says "insert body text here"
I think you may have to erase that area. I'm on iphone to view it so don't know if anyone else has seen that bit?
X

Hi it's very clear and professional. I am a hawk eye and did spot on the waxing and eyelashes price list pages it still says "insert body text here"
I think you may have to erase that area. I'm on iphone to view it so don't know if anyone else has seen that bit?
X

I was literally just about to say that before I saw your post lol.
Also on the mobile site where the Facebook logo is on some pages it feels a bit empty... X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390086736.437064.jpg

And do you have a logo?
It's just plain writing of name at top of mobile site in any case and I think it would benefit from a nice logo or at least a different font x

Yes it's within a Shellac or Vinylux service. Do you think this is too little then? I've never been asked to do it without full manicure and this seems to be the going rate around here. What do you charge?

That's what I charge for within shellac or vinylux. The way it was listed on your website made it seem like a stand alone treatment to me - maybe I just read it wrong! I think the overall look is lovely and clear though :)

Hi,

Nice website, well done!

Just a couple of minor points, on Manicure & Pedicure, you need to separate up to
"..it has incomparable shine for upto 14 days"

For me, the visual proportions of the logos are not quite right. I feel the logo for The Guild is on the large side and that my eye is drawn to it because of the pink colour. Is it possible for you to reduce it in size so that it fits within the parameters of the brown box with your telephone number? I would also enlarge your Fig logo if possible - that's what needs to stand out. I really like the colours but do feel that the aqua is a little light and again the pink on the guild logo is far more prominent.

Saskia x

Thanks for all your replies I'm going to have another adjust of the site this evening! X

Copy and paste from my examples, it should let you. CND Shellac™
Also if you can add:

"Website designed and copyright by Fig Beauty 2014" in the footer part of every page this again is professional wording (without the speech marks obviously) ha ha.

Hi Virtues, just curious, can anyone say 'copyright by...' Is this something we should all have on our websites?

Hi Virtues, just curious, can anyone say 'copyright by...' Is this something we should all have on our websites?

Absolutely, every professional website will have copyright/all rights reserved listed somewhere on their website, this deters people from copying your work, pictures and script. To pursue a beach of copyright you would have to be registered with the IPO which is costly, most businesses however use this wording as a deterrent and unless you go to a search agency and pay to find out who is copyrighted it is quite hard to determine.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Absolutely, every professional website will have copyright/all rights reserved listed somewhere on their website, this deters people from copying your work, pictures and script. To pursue a beach of copyright you would have to be registered with the IPO which is costly, most businesses however use this wording as a deterrent and unless you go to a search agency and pay to find out who is copyrighted it is quite hard to determine.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for the reply

Hi

Was this easy to do, I am looking at building a website with moonfruit and yours looks really good.

Latest posts

Back