Website gone live

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn amber

Reaction score
Well I finally got round to doing a website today, had a couple of free hours so I have just gone for the free option with weebly ,its nothing like finish managed to get my prices on need to do pics and some more info but at least its live ,if anyone wants a look it should come up if you but in www.hairbylynnhouston.weebly.com it comes up very plain format on my phone ,also need to spell check as im dyslexic ,

What kind if response does everyone get form there websites ,i have read that it can take quite I fue weeks for it to come up on search engines especially if you are not paying to move it up etc ,what's everyone opinions thanks :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

No one and why has the title been changed ???

The site says its still under construction.

Is there a way you can put your price list on a different page?

Hi thanks for the reply ,yes I wrote still under construction , yes I could put my prices on a different page ,but not sure what to put on the home page :-D

There's a thread called show us your website. Loads of people have put their websites on there, you can look there for inspiration.

I agree you need to move your price list. The information above your price list is enough for a home page.
You could take off your address and have that on a contact me page and just your number and area on the homepage. Have a hair price list page, extensions price page and a separate beauty (tanning, brow and lash, tattoos and makeup).
Ask some of your clients for a review of your work, or use thank you messages off Facebook on a testimonials page. And have a page with pictures of your tans, makeup and tattoos. You can even do a hair pictures one. I personally wouldn't want a tan done without seeing the results from yourself as iv not heard of the brand used.

Iv not got a website yet but is there a way to make the mobile one a bit more colourful? Your web version looks visually good but the mobile one is just plain white with black text.

Also google qr code generator, you can make one so smart phones automatically call you when scanned or one to take them to another website such as your Facebook, but if you do a to Facebook one make sure to do a to website one for Facebook. Xoxo

Hi thanks ,yes think I will move the prices ,im not good with computers don't know how to link stuff ,need to do a picture gallery ,heve never taken pic of my tans ,but did not bad for 2 hours work :-D

I would check the purple text against black for accessibility. Quite a few people might not be able to read it.

Thanks ,im not sure how to work it properly yet ,think the colour might be set depending what landscape you use ,has no one stopped any spelling mistake yet :-D

Thanks ,im not sure how to work it properly yet ,think the colour might be set depending what landscape you use ,has no one stopped any spelling mistake yet :-D

Lol yes, a few but with you saying about your dyslexia I'm sure you will do a spell check.
Try typing what you want into word and using it there.
As a tip on colourings, if you are using a pc try moving the screen up and down and pointing a lamp at it to check if its still clear at all times
Xoxo

Hi, thought I'd have a look for typos for you, sorry, there's a few but as a trained proofreader they jump out at me lol!

In your intro: change renge to range
exsperience to experience
treatmants to treatments

In your price list:
change straighting to straightening (appears twice)
perm form to perm from
OAP's . . . . haed to head (foils)
gents . . . . haed to head
hair extensions . . . maitenance maintenance

I agree it is still clear but making the changes will look more professional. Nice shot of your very pro looking home salon!

Good luck with the website . . . must do one myself one of these days! x

Definitely put your text through Spellchecker :D

and maybe an idea to capitalise some words? Like your own name, address and product brand names - Gelish, Caflon etc.

Thanks ,will do all the change hopeful this week :-D

Ok I have made some changes ,not finished but getting there :-D

Latest posts

Back