Website help thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother told me SEO is something you can do yourself???
Also how does google Adwords work? I signed up cos I thought it was free then I don't think it was now they keep emailing aaaargh!!💩

You can do a certain amount yourself. The essentials are;
~make sure your website has a robots.txt file
~make sure your website has a sitemap
~make sure your pages have good meta description tags that accurately explain the purpose of that page (no more than 160 characters is advised). Make sure you use certain words that you want people to search for
~use Google analytics
~use google webmaster tools
~make sure you use Google My Business (previously Google Places)
~use social media
~update your content

These are some of the basics but if you would like any further advice, contact me through my website - IP1IT | Ipswich Technical Support Services

Hi All
Not sure if I am posting in correct place?
I purchased a web address from 123 reg around a year ago and still haven't got round to building a website! So... I have ventured in to the world of moonfruit (free version) can I transfer my domain on the free version or do I need to upgrade?

I have made my own website using weebly.com but then paid to upgrade it and have my own domain Kiwi Hair - Home ... would love it if somebody could tell me where I'm going wrong with it? I've done meta tags on the home page and tried to mention my area etc. as much as possible.

I'm not really very 'internet' savvy so not really clued up on SEO or HTML which seems to be why I'm not managing to get ranked on google?

Could anybody advise me the best way to go about paying somebody to help me sort it out? Or even just explain more about what SEO means as when I try to read up about it online it baffles me!!

I have made my own website using weebly.com but then paid to upgrade it and have my own domain Kiwi Hair - Home ... would love it if somebody could tell me where I'm going wrong with it? I've done meta tags on the home page and tried to mention my area etc. as much as possible.

I'm not really very 'internet' savvy so not really clued up on SEO or HTML which seems to be why I'm not managing to get ranked on google?

Could anybody advise me the best way to go about paying somebody to help me sort it out? Or even just explain more about what SEO means as when I try to read up about it online it baffles me!!

Personally I think there is some adjustments to your site needed as well as SEO. Your title tags which are your biggest SEO attribute aren't done.

I wouldn't pay someone to SEO on a website builder. They are a lot harder to rank - not impossible but a lot of SEO stuff that most people will want to do won't be allowed due to restricted server access etc.

What keywords are you trying to target?

Ooh thanks a lot BP that helps a lot =]

really I'm just trying to do it so that if somebody searches things like "hairdressers in st Helens, hair salons in st Helens," etc. - the usual I presume - then I come up in some way.

I'm finding it hard to use google places as well. If I search "Kiwi Hair St Helens" I come up. But if you just search hairdressers st Helens on google maps then it doesn't bring me up it brings up the woman who had the place before me >.<

Ooh thanks a lot BP that helps a lot =]

really I'm just trying to do it so that if somebody searches things like "hairdressers in st Helens, hair salons in st Helens," etc. - the usual I presume - then I come up in some way.

I'm finding it hard to use google places as well. If I search "Kiwi Hair St Helens" I come up. But if you just search hairdressers st Helens on google maps then it doesn't bring me up it brings up the woman who had the place before me >.<

I understand.

Have you submitted a google places and got your code through the post and everything?

If you were interested in getting a website re do on a search engine friendly platform then feel free to drop me a message. I'll see what deal I can do for you as I know it's a big investment. We include all the on page SEO free of charge and have started to rank several clients :)

If you don't want a re do than I'll try help you best I can with weebly FOC but you're limited :)

Yes submitted and had my code through =/

I've done my title tags now - thanks a lot for the suggestion.

My weebly subscription does need renewing in the next few months so definitely worth some serious thought!

Hi, I have attempted to build a website with moonfruit but my knowledge of websites is below basic and I am really struggling. I asked a friend to help me and he said because I have the free package I only have 30 days to complete it, is this correct? Also, I purchased my domain name from 123reg but again, he seems to think I will not be able to transfer it on the free package.
I'm lost and it's impossible to speak to anybody at moonfruit

Hi, I have attempted to build a website with moonfruit but my knowledge of websites is below basic and I am really struggling. I asked a friend to help me and he said because I have the free package I only have 30 days to complete it, is this correct? Also, I purchased my domain name from 123reg but again, he seems to think I will not be able to transfer it on the free package.
I'm lost and it's impossible to speak to anybody at moonfruit

His correct. You need to pay to use your domain with moon fruit. Not sure about the other bit.

I'd say if you are really struggling you should consider getting a web designer such as ourselves or whoever to build you a real site if budget allows.

Thank you for your help. I really don't want to have to pay out at the moment as I am maternity leave and earning very little I just thought that while I was off and reasonably quiet I could put my energy into getting myself online.

I was urged by one of my clients who works in SEO and social media to use Facebook as a way of getting people to my website. As a completely new user to fb, I've also discovered it's different using it for business to personal. Have recently come across a channel on youtube which gives useful info on how to FB for business. Same person Inga Deksne also does a free tutorial. Facebook Made Easy - Online Marketing Explorers. I tried reading fb books but find her tutorials easier to understand. Hope this helps.http://www.onlinemarketingexplorers.com/facebook-made-easy-2/

Can anyone give me any idea why after years my website would suddenly stop being found by Google? It used to always be top or there abouts but I havent checked it for a while, probably over a month, and now I have just tried typing in 'spray tan basildon' and apart from being listed on hot frog etc it is not being found? :irked: I can still find it if I type in the actual address so it is still live..

the address is www.about-tan.co.uk

Any ideas? you need to speak to me in layman's terms because I dont have a clue about this sort of thing! lol

Thanks guys xx

You need to constantly keep on top of your SEO for your site. Might be worth running a PPC campaign for week or so to give it a boost :)

Lucie
Mighty Oak Marketing

Hi
Just wondering if anyone could take a look at my website too and give any possible advise on how to improve rankings/business etc.

www.nikkismobilebeauty.co.uk

On another note I also set up a face book page a while ago, just a business one purely for the beauty but hadn't updated or looked at it in a long time so wanted to update it a few months ago but it wouldn't let me log in. I had been emailing FB as you can't call anyone and initially they eventually replied to my emails although I waited ages for a reply then when they did they said I had to send a form of ID off to them so sent my driving licence via email. Never actually heard anything back from them and tried again and again but nothing! It's very annoying you can't speak with someone over the phone at FB as no one ever replies to emails. I don't want to have to set up another email and start up again....any ideas?? And is it all worth it on FB??

Hi
Just wondering if anyone could take a look at my website too and give any possible advise on how to improve rankings/business etc.

Company Name

On another note I also set up a face book page a while ago, just a business one purely for the beauty but hadn't updated or looked at it in a long time so wanted to update it a few months ago but it wouldn't let me log in. I had been emailing FB as you can't call anyone and initially they eventually replied to my emails although I waited ages for a reply then when they did they said I had to send a form of ID off to them so sent my driving licence via email. Never actually heard anything back from them and tried again and again but nothing! It's very annoying you can't speak with someone over the phone at FB as no one ever replies to emails. I don't want to have to set up another email and start up again....any ideas?? And is it all worth it on FB??

There are quite a few design and SEO things that need to be improved. No title tags and also the book online button does not work.

Depending on what system it's built on I'd recommend getting someone to look into this for you or starting from fresh.

FB is a very good tool and also has effect on your rankings believe it or not. It's worth trying to get sorted.

Hi Banner Penguin,
Thanks for your feedback on my website. Could you just explain what you mean by no title tags as I have title pages? I assume are not the same thing? And also in relation to the design and SEO?

I'm in the process of designing my online booking option so will be on there very soon.

I'm using vistaprint for my website.

Hi Banner Penguin,
Thanks for your feedback on my website. Could you just explain what you mean by no title tags as I have title pages? I assume are not the same thing? And also in relation to the design and SEO?

I'm in the process of designing my online booking option so will be on there very soon.

I'm using vistaprint for my website.

VistaPrint websites don't perform in Google so I would definitely suggest not putting any money into SEO. It's widely documented online.

If you want it in the search engines the only option you have left is to use PPC - Google AdWords.

I'm confused now as I use google and my website comes up?

I'm confused now as I use google and my website comes up?

Google has favouritism lol. It will show you your site above all else just to you. It doesn't give a true ranking. However if want to drop me a PM with the keywords and your website address I can double check it for you on our software :)

So i want to set up a website, i'm not technically minded and have never set up a website before. Do you think this is something i Can do myself or pay somebody to do? And if i do it myself how do i do it? What Company do i use? Ect. Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back