Website help???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2512

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im hoping someone can give me some advice here, basically i have a Freewebs site, which is ok and doent cost anything to set up, but as far as generating extra revenue and advertising my buisness - its not brilliant, also im not keen on the freewebs prefix as i dont think it looks professional (no offence intended to anyone who has freewebs) JMO.

Just wondered what hosting site everyone elses uses for their websites and is it better to use the same hosting site who i can buy a domain name through? and FTP? help!! :irked:

This is a new area for me and any help grately appreciated, i have an opportunity to rent a room above a busy hairdressers and wanted to get some marketing and the website in place as soon as possible to start generating new business and get my name out there!

Like i said any advice or ideas whatsoever is very welcome

First stop would be to check out most of Seannys posts about websites.

You can buy a domain name from just about anywhere these days.

I use 1 & 1 for my hosting and I believe their hosting package which costs about £5 per month comes with a free .co.uk domain name.

They also have a web design facility - similar to free webs point and shoot but without the prefix.

Other alternatives would be to create it yourself using Xara, Frontpage etc. and then use an FTP program to upload it to your host.

Or you could ask someone to do it for you - Seanny has done some really fabby ones recently. I am sure his charges would be reasonable.

Just a small snippet of info to add to that Fiona, the basic 1and1 hosting now costs £2.60/month and is very well suited to starter sites ether using the website builder or building yourself.

Thanks for the kind words too hun. :hug:

Don't know about hosting or technical stuff like that sorry! But you're right about the freewebs prefix - if you can get a different www address you should. I think mine costs about £2.50 a year so we're not talking loadsamoney!
You might want to do a spell check on your website too. There are a couple of things I spotted. One is the spelling of February, the other is on your 'Models Required' page, you've misspelt 'interested'.
When you've got it all set up how you want it, put your details on as many free directories on Google as you can. It's really helped me to pick up new clients - some of them travel quite a distance too!
Good luck with it xx

Latest posts

Back