Website Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wondered if anyone could help me not nails related but on my website there is a banner on it which i really dont know how it has got there does anyone know how i can get this of?? my website add is www.freewebs.com/nailsnmore if anyone knows i would be most grateful its driving me mad!!!

hi - i am looking at your site now -- which banner are you on about? is it the purple one at the top?

Hi no, when i go onto it there is a flashing banner right at the top like an advert banner?

hi kelly

i cant see the banner when i go into your site x

emmalouisa said:
hi kelly

i cant see the banner when i go into your site x
oh god am i going mad lol!!! when i go into it theres a flashing grey banner above my purple banner that is an advertising banner which you can click on?

lol honest there is no flashing banner been on every page its just normal could it just be the pc your on???

Yeah i think its got to be when i went on to it last night from my dads computer to show him the website it appeared and when i went on it this morning from my work computer it has also appeared but im not sure whether its because of the security level on the internet mine might be down low i dont even know if that would affect it, honestly guys i can see it really im not loony lol!!!

Kellyc said:
Yeah i think its got to be when i went on to it last night from my dads computer to show him the website it appeared and when i went on it this morning from my work computer it has also appeared but im not sure whether its because of the security level on the internet mine might be down low i dont even know if that would affect it, honestly guys i can see it really im not loony lol!!!
something like this happened with one of the other girls and me. we done a banner swap.....u can see hers on my website but i wouldnt see mine on her site. spooky......maybe its the way you have set your site up!!!!! sorry i cant be more help.

Soz to tell you this Kells but i can see the banner when i go into your site but i cant be of any help coz i have no idea where they come from!

Peter Pan said:
something like this happened with one of the other girls and me. we done a banner swap.....u can see hers on my website but i wouldnt see mine on her site. spooky......maybe its the way you have set your site up!!!!! sorry i cant be more help.
this happened to me as well xx

You have a free website, the owner i.e. freewebs.com can sell advert space on any free web (its in the small print) if you purchase a domain name and hostng like 1&1.com this will never happen because it is your site.

lindag said:
You have a free website, the owner i.e. freewebs.com can sell advert space on any free web (its in the small print) if you purchase a domain name and hostng like 1&1.com this will never happen because it is your site.
aaah that could explain it, only i know other people with freeweb sites and dont think they have had it before i may be wrong so i guess i cant remove it then?

Hi Kelly! Well I too had a big surprise when I went onto my website as well yesterday! mine is with freewebs too. I thought 'what the 'ec is going on here' starting messing about to see if I'd inadvertantly done something to cause it but no couldn't figure it out... I then went into the help and there are some 'frequently asked questions' and there I discovered that apparently if you don't have a premium account then after a certain period they will put advert banners on your site!!!

Bit crafty of them I must admit.... I hate my site now with those blessed flashing bits at the top..... Oh well I'm stuck with it now until I go premium.

So I too am glad I'm not going mad lol.... for a minute I really thought I was!!

Mani-fique! said:
Hi Kelly! Well I too had a big surprise when I went onto my website as well yesterday! mine is with freewebs too. I thought 'what the 'ec is going on here' starting messing about to see if I'd inadvertantly done something to cause it but no couldn't figure it out... I then went into the help and there are some 'frequently asked questions' and there I discovered that apparently if you don't have a premium account then after a certain period they will put advert banners on your site!!!

Bit crafty of them I must admit.... I hate my site now with those blessed flashing bits at the top..... Oh well I'm stuck with it now until I go premium.

So I too am glad I'm not going mad lol.... for a minute I really thought I was!!
thanks Tamm now i know its been driving me mad especially when some people cant see it! now i know well i too will have to put up with it for a bit until i go premium is then just automatically removed?

I would have thought yes Kelly that once you've gone premium then they will be romoved... woe betide them if they don't eh! lol:D You can also get limitless pages once you've become premium so when you're up and running with loads of pikkies and things then its quite useful.. .

Typical eh? They give you something for free then put their own ads on it! I suppose nothing is for nothing eh? Just out of curiosity how much does it cost to go premium with Freewebs?? I was lucky coz my ISP is Tiscali and they gave me free webspace with them - i do hope they dont do anything like that to me as well! Perhaps somebody had better check for me - Kells??

Carole Lindsay said:
Typical eh? They give you something for free then put their own ads on it! I suppose nothing is for nothing eh? Just out of curiosity how much does it cost to go premium with Freewebs?? I was lucky coz my ISP is Tiscali and they gave me free webspace with them - i do hope they dont do anything like that to me as well! Perhaps somebody had better check for me - Kells??
NAH your website is still great as ever x

Kellyc said:
NAH your website is still great as ever x
Cheers for that love and the compliment too!! :o

Kelly, I`ve just found out why this happens, Kim had the same problem so I emailed freewebs and asked them. This is how they replied.

Dear FreeWebs User,

Sites are free with no ads (except the Freewebs Freebar at the bottom) for 45 days. After that, an advertising banner about 1 inch tall will automatically appear at the top of each page. Furthermore, we remain committed to maintaining the integrity we have and guarantee that ad content will be appropriate for all audiences.

Premium sites are not affected at all by this and we will never force ads on premium user sites. While many users don’t mind an ad on their site, others prefer not to have it. Premium Services start at under $1 per month, upon which you will receive greater services and features with your account.

Also, we recommend that you periodically view the section for New Policies from time to time in case future changes may effect the use of our services.

Best Regards,
FreeWebs
Hope that helps

Kelly is it right that you only charge £7 for an overlay? Nice site by the way

Latest posts

Back