Website hits but no calls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachy86

Reaction score
Good morning geeks.

I would just like to start with pointing out that I am under no illusion that my business will take time to build up clientelle and to get my name out and getting well known takes patience and hard work.

I have been up and running for exactly 1 week. Yes no time at all. I have a web page, Facebook page, advertised on free sites and my site ranks reasonably well on Google. I have a Twitter page too. I have ordered flyers and am awaiting them to be delievered.

Now im not asking for marketing ideas (although if anyone has any they wish to share, I am always grateful to receive) but however am just wanting suggestions to the following:

My site has had over the last week consistant hits between 5 and 7 hits a day. I have had just one phone call (just enquiring) and heard nothing back. The only other calls I have had are sales calls! So im wondering, is this normal? I have had consistant hits albeit a handful and only one phone call. It makes me wonder if it is something I am doing? My website is fully informative with prices etc and I have incorporated my Twitter feed on my site for current updates and news.

Maybe I am being impatient but any suggestions/views would be greatly appreciated.

Rachel xx

Sounds like you're hitting the ground running! I just wanted to say perhaps these are people who are checking your website a couple of times before making a call. I know I browse websites a few times before I purchase, they could be checking your prices against others or anything. Or they could be friends/family looking at it who knows.

If you're at all concerned that it's your website then why not post it here for people to check and offer advice?

Xx

Aside from anything else if you have had your site up and running during the last week I think this has been a quiet period anyway.

We normally get between 50 and 100 hits a day, and the last week this has dropped off quite a bit - think this is down to long bank holiday and kids half term. We have seen this pattern before, sometimes people either assume you are either closed, or more usual is that they are busy with family stuff.

We saw everything start to pick up yesterday, and already today.

Website hits also dont offer any guarantee of enquiries/calls, and someone with more marketing knowledge than me could probably tell you the % conversion from hits to enquiries to actual paying clients, our training website gets between 1000-1500 hits a month and from that we generally fill our training courses (40-50 people) - but it seems you have everything in place and it is just a case of being patient.

One thing to consider when looking at your google position is to make sure that you are not seeing 'personalised' results from google based on your own browsing history - so if you are putting in key words/phrases to see where your website is coming up, you will be seeing slightly inaccurate results unless you have done the search with the personalised option switched off

it takes time to get your name out there hun, you know your website etc is there but unless people are looking for it they wont!! id say 5 to 7 a day in your first week is a step in the right direction!!!!!

Carry on what you are doing....my hits on website is up and down and ive been going nearly 6 months now but have to say more of my clients have been word of mouth and leaflets....ive had so many dead weeks i thought it would never happen! but it has, slowly but surely, just dont give up or get disheartened, use your quiet time productively....ive contacted local community projects and schools etc to gift vouchers for fundraising, researched my competitors, researched next treatments i want to bring in etc. Theres always something to do lol

good luck

My website has over 2,000 visitors and 6,000 views since September and I've only fitted around 15-20 heads. I've had loads of hits this month but only 4-5 enquiries and 3 bookings. I think it takes time but hopefully not too long! ;) x

I had some one ring me from thomas local trying to get me to pay for an add. He said they get 200 people a month look for beauty in my area so if I payed I'll be at the top.

I get a lot more than that look at my website. To be fair I do go on my website a few times a day and I know I look at other beauty salons in my areas websites every week or so to see there deals and that. I do get a few contact me fom my website. But if you pop your website on yell ect people can look from that x

Hi geeks :biggrin:

Just wondered how you all went about setting up your own websites? I've been doing mobile through word of mouth mainly friends, friends of friends and family, I tried to set up a website myself end of last year started with it got a bit confused and basically gave up. I'm just returning to work after having a baby that's now 3 months and would really appreciate some advice....
Do you do it yourself with some sort of templates or do you get someone to do it for you? I'm not too bad using the computer and maybe just need a push in the right direction

Thanks in advance
Tia x :o

Personally I recommend Yola. I spent ages looking and faffing but found they offered the best package xx

Hi geeks :biggrin:

Just wondered how you all went about setting up your own websites? I've been doing mobile through word of mouth mainly friends, friends of friends and family, I tried to set up a website myself end of last year started with it got a bit confused and basically gave up. I'm just returning to work after having a baby that's now 3 months and would really appreciate some advice....
Do you do it yourself with some sort of templates or do you get someone to do it for you? I'm not too bad using the computer and maybe just need a push in the right direction

Thanks in advance
Tia x :o

Hi Hun,

I use one.com as my web host and weebly.com to create my website. Weebly is free and one.com cost me £3 for the first year (discounted) and £23 for this year :)

Xx

I have a business profile on what I guess is similar to yell for you guys. I got my review the other day, and it has had 90 hits since I put it on there, a couple of weeks ago, yet I've not had one phone call. (All my bookings have been from word of mouth so far, mainly people that I know, or people my friends have sent.) It's important to be out there for people to be able to see it, and if and when they want a treatment done, they will call.

I get so frustrated when people send me inboxes on facebook, or emails enquiring about how much my lash extensions/nails/waxing etc cost, and then I never hear from them again. I get frustrated when people "like" the pictures I put up, and comment how amazing the lashes/nails/makeup looks, how they want to get some, but they don't make an appointment. I keep asking myself, why don't all these people book in? I just keep telling myself, when they want something done, they will call. Put yourself in their shoes - if you see a salon's facebook page, or put photos up, or check out their website, do you call them straight away? Or do you look at your nails and go "oh they need infills, I better make a call". When people need something done, they will get it done :)

I agree with what everyone said, website hits don't convert directly into bookings, particularly when your numbers are still so low.

However, you could also consider:

1. Do you understand bounce rate? You can see how long they stayed, and what page they entered and left your site at.

2. What search terms led them to find your site? Perhaps you weren't offering what they expected to find?

3. Perhaps they couldn't find what they were looking for, or they didn't like the design.

4. Perhaps they're just being nosy.

Just some thoughts!

Latest posts

Back