Website honest opinions please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie28

Reaction score
Hi
Could I please get some feedback on my website?
I've done it myself as can't afford to have one designed.

Any opinions and constructive criticism is welcome, as are positive comments :)

Best to view on a computer as the mobile and tablet site is not set up properly yet

Thank you all in advance x

www.absolute-beauty.org.uk

A few things I hope you don't mind...

At a glance... I viewed on mobile, so all I mentioned below may be there but not showing on app view

Where are you?.... "just outside Norwich" is a vast area....

What do you charge?.... I clicked twitter, fb and head to toe having to search for prices and location...

What hours do you work?... I found the "Head to Toe" link a bit confusing as when I searched for things via your other links I was lost in wondering if you're mobile, salon based or you just offer pamper parties..

Sorry didn't want to be critical, just at a glance observations :)

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Won't open on my iPad???

It seems to wide. You have to scroll right to see everything. Needs to be set to normally 1020px responsive or 960px non responsive.

I'll be honest - I looked at the hands & feet page and found it a bit boring! I think it needs to be a bit more eye catching, maybe move the pictures around and have headers in bold?

Im unable to view on my iPhone via the link when on safari also. :/

First thing I noticed was the spelling mistake - outisde Norwich.

Thanks😊

I must have missed the spelling mistake as it was late last night when I finished.

The prices are on the pages where the treatments are. So if you click on waxing, you see all the prices for that.

I'm not sure about the width thing. It was how it was set so I will have to have a look at that.

I've only out .
'Just outside norwich' as I'm between salons right now as I'm moving. Will update that but when settled x

Sorry lovely, I just couldn't see prices on website on my phone, but seen the mobile view isn't finished yet...my bad :)

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Hopefully the mobile site is set up now! (I hope)

I'm still tweaking things and making improvement so hopefully it will be looking better soon x

This is what I see on mbl view...plus the 3 fb links and your name at bottom x

Attachments

• 1413818079344.jpg
    1413818079344.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 148
This is what it's like on an iPhone viewing your site. So mobile view isn't working yet....

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413818613.397694.jpg

And assuming the page looks similar on a laptop, your menu is too hidden and too small in the corner, in my opinion. It should take more centre stage. Make it easy for your potential clients to access your prices.

It should look like the top one KHS posted on a mobile site. Maybe it depends which phone you're on?

What size should I have it so it shows up properly on any computer/tablet etc? X

It should look like the top one KHS posted on a mobile site. Maybe it depends which phone you're on?

What size should I have it so it shows up properly on any computer/tablet etc? X
It really depends. It even varies between computers. You can see the difficulty now when we make websites from clients all the things we have to take into account.

A standard boxed layout would be 960px.
A full width, full screen site should be 1020px
Then for the people on big monitors such as iMacs (25" & 27") You can go anywhere from 1200px up to 2400px.

It really depends. It even varies between computers. You can see the difficulty now when we make websites from clients all the things we have to take into account.

A standard boxed layout would be 960px.
A full width, full screen site should be 1020px
Then for the people on big monitors such as iMacs (25" & 27") You can go anywhere from 1200px up to 2400px.

And this is the reason I gave up with my website effort and stuck to hairdressing and let you build it instead BP... Farrrrr to confusing :confused: haha 😂

I would love to have one made but unfortunately can not afford that right now so will have to stick to my diy one for now lol!

I would love to have one made but unfortunately can not afford that right now so will have to stick to my diy one for now lol!

What site or programme have you used to build it? There are builder sites which are free that are already formatted and you just drag and drop pictures in and just type in pre built boxes, it's all set out ready & will automatically give a mobile or web version. I opened your site on an iPhone but it was in a pc format on my screen

What site or programme have you used to build it? There are builder sites which are free that are already formatted and you just drag and drop pictures in and just type in pre built boxes, it's all set out ready & will automatically give a mobile or web version. I opened your site on an iPhone but it was in a pc format on my screen

I have made the screen the suggested size now.
Is it showing up any better?
I use moonfruit. Do they have the option of a template? X

I have made the screen the suggested size now.
Is it showing up any better?
I use moonfruit. Do they have the option of a template? X

Much better on laptop :)

Latest posts

Back