Website Links - Big Bad Monster!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope I'm not one of the naughty ones! I usually am! lol
My site does quite well in the search engines, i tried out my addy in the seach engine emulator and a lot of gobbledy gook came up! I think this is a good thing! lol.
Seanny if there is something I need to work on please let me know,
cheers

naturalnails said:
Whilst I appreciate to a certain extent where Angela and Chris are coming from - would you not think that your clients would be impressed with the fact that you are open to improve and extend your knowledge by asking and even becoming one of the industry, respected experts?

This does also highlight the responsibility to remain professional and not use this board as an "Agony aunt" type forum for complaining about specific clients - not aiming this anywhere specific.

I am more than happy to give links to this site and also to Liberty Nail Design as they are both really great resources.

If you are worrying about your clients going and doing it themselves from reading on here then, I wouldn't, as they would be using very poor products and will soon realise that it is not as easy as it looks.

Sorry Seanny this has highjacked your thread LOL.
I am no way disputing that LND and this site are both great resources - I wouldn't subscribe to be a Premium Geek here if I didn't. I am happy to link back to LND when my website is up and running but, regrettably, I am not sure I want to give my clients a link to this site, despite the fact that I don't use it as an 'Agony Aunt'. I am not keen for my clients to link to this site because I use this site as a support for my professional services. I would only give my clients the link if I stopped contributing to this site, if I was GMG, Mrs Geek, Geeg, MUM or another industry leader. If anyone can persuade me otherwise, I would be happy to link to this site but not if it means directing my clients to it also.

If a client did get linked to this site via our own websites and then found a thread that was from thier own tech discussing a problem that she/he had experienced with them, whether technical or not, how would this stand under the client confidenciality bit? Would said client then feel that their confindence had been betrayed?

True..it should not be used as an agony aunt system for whinging about clients....But I posted today about a particular client I was having problems with, because I felt it was absolutely necessary.

Some may look at the post and say it was an agony aunt question, but I dont as I genuinely needed help and had actually agonised for over a week on whether to bother the techs on here for help and then I got so depressed about it that I needed another viewpoint from everyone.

I would want my client going on my website and linking to The Nail Geek and reading my problem!

I love the fact this is a "professional" forum, and I certainly have no probs in linking to other sites of client interest, ie; Seans site as it has some great nail art galleries...but I could not link to The Nail Geek. It would kind of be like telling my client who my wholesalers are and how much they charge me for example rhinestones...at the end of the day it is private business information.

But there is no harm in telling people you are constantly in touch with leading professionals in the industry via a website dedicated to nail techs for further support and training !

Would be interesting to hear GMG's/Geeg/Mums views on this.

Guys, you are going off on a tangent here. This thread is not primarily about linking to The Geek site or LND, I'm sure both sites will survive nicely without any additional help. This thread is about improving your own sites. One of the steps to doing this is making sure your links page can be found by the search engines. If your links page cannot be found by the search engines, it doesnt matter who you link to (every single one of your links is worthless) I know this sounds harsh.... but it's true. I'm sure everyone here has come across a webring before, right? Well, this is your chance to organise your own totally nails-related webring, it's ready made by you and your fellow nail techs, the search engines pick up on it, and all of a sudden, all of your nail websites are seen as important nail websites on the net..... PROVIDING THEY ARE ALL LINKED UP!!!!!!! and I mean linked up PROPERLY. If your links page doesnt show up in the simulator, you are not linking to anybody. However, it's even worse than that, if your links page is not being found by the search engines, it normally follows on from that that none of your internal pages are being found either. So as far as the search engines are concerned, your home page is your only page.

Lell, I'm afraid that your site's internal pages arent being picked up at the moment.

Joanne, your site is perfect, all pages are showing up.

------- Regarding your clients coming on here and seeing you ask for help. I dont see that as a problem, its more like Fiona says that you want to do things the correct way, ie by improving your knowledge and/or techniques in accordance with industry standards, where better to do that than here, and if it doesnt seem right to be seeking help in here from other nail techs, how come there's hundreds doing it in here every single day? Personally, I think its very refreshing to see even experienced techs requesting assistance. Regarding giving out personal info on this or indeed on any site, dont do it.... EVER. Forget about having links to Geek on your own websites, that wont be the problem. Your client could simply be doing a search for anything 'nails' and the Geek site will come up in the results, more than likely before most other nail sites, if you've written something disparaging about someone, and they can identify themselves, you've only yourself to blame. -----------

Can we concentrate on just the linking aspect for now guys, so that I know at least that you understand what I'm talking about. :)

Hi Seanny, I have checked my existing site and it has loads of text on it but only one spidered link and thats for the counter. It has loads of meta links too. Its all over my head i'm afraid!

I will be uploading my brand new, all singing, all dancing website this week! I am sure that will be doing everything it should be doing because it was designed by an expert (very nice man, not a monster lol) I have a few tweaks to make to the wording then its all systems go! Cant wait to get it out there!!
I will make sure that LND and this site are on there if they arent already... :Love:

Hi Sherry, yep your site is only showing your start (home) page, so your other internal pages are redundant. I look forward to seeing this fabulous new site you're on about...sounds cool. ;)

Sherry hun.... erm, have you done ....something with your hair? It looks....different.

Seanny, If you are not massively impressed with my new site I will be astounded! Infact, I dont think you will be able to fault it at all! :wink2:

Dont talk about the hair please - sore subject... LMAO!! I thought the colour brought out my eyes though??? LOL x

Glad to hear I am in the good books still Seanny
:D
Well worth all the hard work

Latest posts

Back