website nail designing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I must apologize...this is my first time here...but I am wheelchair-bound and homebound and have been learning this wonderful trade through a friend in Ireland who has her own school and business and the patience of Jobe. Another nail buddy in California recommended this site to me to help with some of the questions that I have had of recent. She thought that I would definitely benefit from the vast amount of experience available here.
So....here goes....
The question I have is a little out there...so I hope someone can help. So far, no one has been able to....here's praying....
I've been looking all over the net for a web site that offers a program on line for creating nail designs and nail art right on your computer. I've been trying to do this on my own with some of my old graphics programs, but it's just a little too complicated. I think I've gotten in over my head. Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this anywhere? My friend in Ireland said that she knew of one place in the past, but when her computer crashed, she lost the website address and hasn't been able to find it since. I've tried looking with every search engine that I have at my disposal, but no luck. :grr:
Since I have only a limited amount of access to the outside world, it is sometimes hard finding out what's new out there. And if you are wondering why I decided to learn such a fascinating trade when my exposure to the public is limited to a grease-covered husband, our son who follows in his father's footsteps to a tee even though I have tried my best to prevent this, two large dogs who once were subjected to a nail polish color testing session by my neighbor's daughter, my son's girlfriend who thinks that the latest version of black is anything but, and the endless doctors and nurses that I torture with my weak sense of humor on a weekly basis...well, it's because I have managed to figure out just how to keep them captive when I need their assistance to try out a new nail art item or style by slipping them small amounts of my pain medication and learning how to do a full set of nails in less than 30 minutes...just about the time that they start to wake from their chemically-induced nap!!! :lol: I"m just kidding!!!! :eek: I would never do that to my dogs! :!: :twisted: Sorry.
Honestly...I hope that you folks would realize that I would never do something like that. Just trying for a little levity. See what happens when you are cooped up all day with only the t.v. and computer to keep you company? Sad!!! :sad:
But, on a more serious note, I truly have fell in love with the business of nail art and nail sculpting. I was an art major all through college while receiving my nursing degree and license to pay the bills and when I became ill a few years ago and had to give up being a Trauma Nurse, something that I truly loved and miss, I had to figure out what to do to keep my hands and fingers flexible while not going insane from repetitive physical therapy exercises at the same time. I happened upon basic nail art items in the local drug store and fell in love, not realizing how amateurish they were. And when I wanted more and couldn't find anymore in the local stores, I decided to poke around the internet and....TA DA !!!!!!....literally fell into the amazing world of nails and nail art. That was three years ago. I basically do this, now, for my own pleasure and that of close friends that trust me enough to "bling up" their nails like they were on their way to the Annual Divas Do Drag contest!!! I find that it satifies my love of art and creation...my Physical Therapist's exercise plans to keep my fingers from shriveling up and stiffening up to worthless old twigs...and the need felt by every person on this planet for human contact in any form, even if only by a little, black keyboard and 17" flat "window" that penetrates these bland white walls that keep me captive most of the time.
And that is a lot to take in on my first communication to the artists that I have admired and respected now for several years...hoping to continue learning always and to pay tribute to those artists by becoming a better artist myself. And like my friend in Ireland...I hope that everyone that takes the time to read this short biography, has not fallen asleep, and will also find in themselves, somewhere down deep, the patience to listen, to advise and to teach such a strange student....one, whom I'm sure, does not come along every day. To this day, I have not yet met any other manicurist or nail artist confined to a wheeled cage like myself, which doesn't mean that they aren't out there, but that I just don't get out enough to meet one if there is.
So, back to my original question....I've been looking for a web site or company that has a computer program...ONLINE...that allows you to create and design your nail artwork on your computer first before actually attempting it on the real thing. The reason that I have become so engrossed in trying to find something like this is that when you have limited cash resources, you may hesitate to "play around" with your nail art stash just for the purpose of experimenting. I'd rather do my designing with a graphics program or, if absolutely neccessary, an old fashioned sketch pad. If anyone knows of any such program or web site,boy! would I greatly appreciate the "heads up" about it.
Thank you so much for any assistance and your total patience and understanding.
The Wheelchair Mama (Lisa) :green:

Hey Lisa!

Welcome to The Nail Geek!​

You'll make lots of great friends here, they're a nice bunch.

I'm just on my way out the door with my dogs, but am in the middle of an email to you, should be able to finish it tonight.

Talk to you later

Jackie
x

ps. Hey Geeks, this is my great friend Lisa, from the US, a lovely lady and very keen on nails and nail art - give her a big geeky welcome, eh? Thanks.

HIYA LISA !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Careful, after a while youll realise that this is the real world and everything else just takes you away from it. Great to have you with us. I also studied art etc for years. Sorry I dont know of any programs for nail art. I started off drawing designs and still do but find it more inspirational when I do it on a 3d surface. Maybe you can get/use some cheap acrylic paints and nails and practice that way. Then the ones you dont like you can just wash off and the ones you want to kep you can put either a topcoat on or a clear varnish. When I want a bit of bling but the client doesnt want to pay for a crystal (dont get me started on that) I use a dot of glitter, wither a varnish or mix loose glitter with topcoat or clear varnish, you can use a toothpick to apply it. Please feel free to pm me if you feel the need. xxx

I can't help you with your question but wanted to say HI to the Nail Geek! It is a fab community, and you'll get loads of help...... Welcome!

HI ya, just wanted to send a HUGE geek welcome!!! :O)

Hiya, Welcome to The Nail Geeks forum

Love

Joan

Hi Lisa, welcome to the mad house! Sorry, I dont know of a nail art programme either but I hope you get the answers you're looking for. If you dont find it here it probably doesn't exist! :wink2: x

Well, a big HELLO to leah82, Vetty, avivajoy, the rest of the Geeks out there....and especially to my good friend, Jackie!!!! (I can't believe that you found my letter so quickly!!! Thanks for the little note to everyone...after sending it, I started to think that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to go on, as I do sometimes, as you well know, until the rest of the Geek world got to know me better thinking that I was just this absolute loony bin!!! But, once again, in the spirit of true friendship, you came to my rescue and forewarned everyone about me. THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU....!!!!!)
As for everyone else....thank you so much for such a wonderful and warm welcome. Jackie can tell you how much I value her friendship and any others that I have developed since becoming ill. And I talk like I write....I can go on and on forever!!!! But, for now, I'm just going to say "Thanks, VERY much" and let you know how much I appreciate it. But my hands are hurting a lot right now and are becoming cramped, so I'm going to take a break for a little while...but I promise I'll be back. I would love to chat with some of you and find out what everyone is into.
So, I'll be back soon. By the way, my eMail address is [email protected] if anyone would like to say "Hi". Just make sure you put something in the subject line about The Nail Geek or nails...my Spamkiller is acting up and making me crazy and I don't know if it is tossing letters out on me or if somehow I am. It lost one of Jackie's latest and really upset me. Hopefully it won't happen again...think I fixed it, but not sure.

And Jackie, I'll be watching for your letter in a little while. Can't wait!!!

Thanks everyone XXOXX :hug:

Lisa (Wheelchair Mama)

Hiya and welocme xxx

A very big Geeky welcome to the site - I'm sure you're going to love ti as much as we all do!! Enjoy hun! xxxx

Hiya, welcome to the site xxxxxxxxxxxxx

hiya and welcome to the site you will love and everyone on here or very friendly
jenny

A HUGE GEEKY WELCOME!!!

This site is FANTASTIC - you will love it here - we are a really friendly bunch, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask! You will always get a reply.

I love nail art, its my passion!!! I would be more than happy to swap tips with you and chat about nail art (and I'm sure I'm not the only one!)

I am constantly striving to discover new techniques and looks!

You will be addicted in no time hun! xxx

Latest posts

Back