Website nightmare!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorfosis

Gel Polish Stylist of the Year 2016
Reaction score
Right, I have a website which is AWFUL! I paid through the nose for it back in 2010 and since then my web designer has either been impossible to contact or just ignores what I ask him to do and doesn't bother fixing the Issues.

I have had a few quotes to do a new site which haven't been too bad, but not a single one has the facility for me to change things as and when I need to, like my current one does, I'd have to email the designer whenever I wanted to change or reword anything, which would be a nightmare for me as offers etc are constantly changing.

Basically, does anyone know a reasonably priced web designer who can make a professional looking site with a control panel where I can change things?? It seems unobtainable!

How about the big website companies that have premade templates but are fully editable by yourself or someone you trust to do it?

Would you really not consider doing it youself? There are some easy to use sites, and you get to remain in full control!

You could try Ruth Mills, do a search on here you will find lots of information.

I think her site is www.salonalchemy.co.uk and yes you can take control of it and update as and when you need to.

Alternatively one of the template companies, weebly, Vista but you may find that someone has the same style that you choose.

You could try Ruth Mills, do a search on here you will find lots of information.

I think her site is www.salonalchemy.co.uk and yes you can take control of it and update as and when you need to.

Alternatively one of the template companies, weebly, Vista but you may find that someone has the same style that you choose.

Would love to have Ruth do my site but unfortunately can't afford it at the moment after pumping so much money into the awful site I've ended up with!

Would you really not consider doing it youself? There are some easy to use sites, and you get to remain in full control!

Do you know of any? I dont mind doing it myself as long as its not too difficult and still looks professional, I definitely don't want a free site, I want to keep my domain :) x

you should be able to just transfer your domain , i am sure its easy enough xx

I do I do :)
as already said
Ruth mills !
www.salonalchemy.co.uk

I'm terribly indecisive and I'm not very good with computer things .... but i do like to tweak , change photos and info ,
she is currently re building my site for me and so far its looking amazing !

she has been able to read between the lines of my confused wish list lol and work someof that magic !

and once the main bits are done and in place I will be able to add and remove text and photos my self using the content management system she created herself , (talk about genius )

Or Jack1102, check mine out.

www.lovenails.info

Lilian

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Would love to have Ruth do my site but unfortunately can't afford it at the moment after pumping so much money into the awful site I've ended up with!

Have we already spoken then? I forget... it's been manic recently at this end... it may still be possible and affordable... I did another site recently where I did the initial set-up cost through PayPal instalments over 10 months...

Have we already spoken then? I forget... it's been manic recently at this end... it may still be possible and affordable... I did another site recently where I did the initial set-up cost through PayPal instalments over 10 months...

It's ok Ruth I'll be contacting you again in a moment or two, I've just reread your message from a while ago with price and for some reason I thought it had been a lot higher!! But it's pretty darn good!

Or Jack1102, check mine out.

www.lovenails.info

Lilian

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Thanks Lilian have already contacted him and there's no way of managing the site myself unfortunately, plus Ruth is way cheaper :D

Do you know of any? I dont mind doing it myself as long as its not too difficult and still looks professional, I definitely don't want a free site, I want to keep my domain :) x

You could teach yourself Wordpress, which gives the most control. You can even set up a nice basic website on blogger, and make it look like a basic website rather than a blog. Both of those allow your own domain.

You could look at weebly (which you can pay to upgrade and lose the weebly logo and use your own domain) or moonfruit probably do the same.

I use squarespace and love it, but its a little more expensive each month.

To be fair moonfruit is ok.. I have a donainfor 2 years fir £10, and when i make it go live live, i will upgrade it to about £30ish a year for no moonffruit advertising. If your ok with computers its super easyx

To be fair moonfruit is ok.. I have a donainfor 2 years fir £10, and when i make it go live live, i will upgrade it to about £30ish a year for no moonffruit advertising. If your ok with computers its super easyx
I second that!

Moonfruit all the way! Did it all myself and you can SEO it yourself too.

Complete control too so you get it exactly how you want.

Here's mine.

http://www.themagentaroom.co.uk

I now pay per month with a subscription but I wanted more space for pictures, etc, but that was my choice, the free one is perfectly good too.

My logo is by verveprint. X

Oh there is also Wix.....just thought of anothe roption!

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I've decided to go with the fabulous Ruth!

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I've decided to go with the fabulous Ruth!

Brilliant. She's meant to be awesome so you're in safe hands. X

Latest posts

Back