website stress!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tori23

Reaction score
ok so iv decided i should have a website. i have my car all stickered up so thought a web address would look good on there for customers to check me out.
iv been searching on here all morning but just not finding what i want.
can anyone help me on where on earth do i start with setting up this website!!
i am not very computer minded its driving me crazy!!:eek:

ANY help really would be much appreciated!!

thanks in advance, tori x x x

I got my hubby to do mine, i think you can down load a package off the internet to make a web site, think it is quite fiddly thing to do but once you have mastered it it becomes clearer.

think the package was called netobjects do a search on ask or google.

Try Freewebs.com - Free website, free hosting, free webpage, online photo album, free blog, more! It's pretty basic stuff, but it's free! ... AND if I can use it trust me, anyone can! You can pay to have the banner ads removed, and to remove freewebs from the domain name which I have done. Take a look at my site to get an idea of what you can do really easily - although it is by no menas the finished article, but we are already getting enquiries and business from it.

Also I would really recommend you read all the advice given in threads by Seanny (do an advanced search under his user name). He tells you exactly how to enhance your site so that it is search engine friendly. Already my site comes up tops on most searches and that's all down to Seanny's good advice!

I have just found microsoft officelive and I am in the process of building my site. It is totally free and you can create a really great looking website on there. you get free domain name, email, hosting and the website builder so its perfect! google it and you'll find it. hope that helps x

I got someone else to design mine for me. With an online shop and everything. It Took away all the extra stress that i do not need! I know what you mean. Sorry I dont have any useful information for you though just hope you get yours sorted soon! :hug:

With Freewebs it is very simple to set up a decent website.

hi we use a site called doyourownsite.co.uk its not free infact its about fifteen pounds per month but it does have lots of features and they do offer a 30 day free trial if you wanted to give it ago

hth

I used freewebs too and my husband has linked the site up to their server so I get my own domain name but without the cost!:)

hi we use a site called doyourownsite.co.uk its not free infact its about fifteen pounds per month but it does have lots of features and they do offer a 30 day free trial if you wanted to give it ago

hth
As my husband said we use this,its the bees knees,and we get the most new clients from this.You can add and do so many things,weve just put on treatments to buy from,add reatail to....all online...its a doddle and if i can do it,so can you!
Our web site is Welcome To Elements By Gabrielle you can add as little as you want,but its certainly reaped our benefits from it
hth.

im a complete novice when computers :irked::eek: are concerned i got someone to do it:hug: if you pm me il send you details in the mean time look at mine deehair.com :) let me know wot you think.

Latest posts

Back