website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
it looks great XXX:)

had a quick look around marie (very nice too i might add) the only thing i noticed was your spray tanning for 3 and 4 people was the same at £16

had a quick look around marie (very nice too i might add) the only thing i noticed was your spray tanning for 3 and 4 people was the same at £16

Yeah I know thats one of the things I'm changing, I'm also removing the free spary tan for 4 or more people, hope it doesn't back fire.

i think i am a lady to help, im a web designer :green:

It's a very nice looking site. I did notice a few things though...

On the top banner, you need to remove the Xmas appointments box.

On the spray tanning page:
EXFOLIATE:
Exfoliation should be done 24 hours prior to tanning, if its not your tan can turn out patchy and your tan may not last long. (After the comma I think I'd put 'otherwise your tan could turn out patchy and may not last long')

HAIR REMOVAL:
Hair removal should be done 24 hours prior to tanning as this allows the pores sufficeint time to close
(You've spelt sufficient wrong)

On the Prices page, you need to give Manicure a capital m to make it the same as all the other headings.

On the Treatments page: Indian Head Massage is a traditional Indian Head (do you really need to say Indian Head here again?) technique of treating the upper back, neck, shoulders, face and scalp through clothes.

I'm not quite sure about having the separate page for prices - why not just put them on the appropriate page, as you've got separate pages for spray tanning and nails.

Also, just go through the text and make sure you have full stops at the ends of sentences - there are quite a few missing! And I would put that for tinting, they need to have a patch test done.

Hth's! :)

I am not the best person for spotting things like spelling mistakes but, what I would say is that on my first impression of looking at your web site it all seemed a bit wordy. I would try and find a way to break down so many words on the first page with pictures etc and try and have less words on that first page too.

HTH

I think that the frontpage is good, very good wording and layout.

To be honest ive looked through all your website and i dont see any problem with it at all. wording is perfect and layout is great :green: xxx

xmas booking box needs to be removed or maybe put something in there about valentines bookings

i think the treatments and prices should be on the same page

the home page to me looked quite busy, a bit too much going on

a few pics on the treatment page would help as well

other than that its very informative, well done

I think that the frontpage is good, very good wording and layout.

To be honest ive looked through all your website and i dont see any problem with it at all. wording is perfect and layout is great :green: xxx

A web designer? With a 'freewebs' template site? :(

I did wonder myself??

Rouge, Thankyou so much I will be correcting those mistakes and adding some of your suggestions.
Thankyou everyone else. Grateful for all the help

:mad:do u always have to comment 'not very nice' on everything i say.
Yes i am a website designer i use front page microsoft to design other peoplles websites and if you have to know the reason i have a free webs website is because im not gona pay out 30.00 for a website wen i dont really need it!

Yes i am a website designer i use front page microsoft to design other peoplles websites and if you have to know the reason i have a free webs website is because im not gona pay out 30.00 for a website wen i dont really need it!

well, to be a website designer, a spray tanner, a tarrot card reader and the hundred other things you are then you certainly have done one hell of alot since leaving high school a couple of months ago!!

Wind your neck in love, wanna chat more? Pm me :green:

p.s using microsoft front page doesnt make you a web designer...... and you can code in HTML or CSS amongst others via freewebs hosting, without having to use THEIR templates, but of course....you knew that too right??? :(

well, to be a website designer, a spray tanner, a tarrot card reader and the hundred other things you are then you certainly have done one hell of alot since leaving high school a couple of months ago!!

Wind your neck in love, wanna chat more? Pm me :green:

p.s using microsoft front page doesnt make you a web designer...... and you can code in HTML or CSS amongst others via freewebs hosting, without having to use THEIR templates, but of course....you knew that too right??? :(

Well u sure dont know allot as i left school wen i was 12 so yes i am a tarot reader if you dont believe me go ask marlise. And yes i took a course in webdesigning a while ago. And yes in december i took a course in spray tanning. Just becuase i know allot doesnt mean to say you can comment on everything to say,I do feel rather bullied by you, Your 23 im 16 so maybe you should pick at someone your own age as i really do not apprecate u second questioning any of me knowledge

ok Rebekah i will admit you do seem to have done alot for such a young age that doesn't mean that i don't necessarily believe you though i am just quite surprised really

but i do feel that as a website designer should you not practice what you preach, i am sure you will tell people the benefits of how a well designed website will help their business/service so it's a bit confusing that you don't have one yourself

i worked in the graphic design dept of a college and the tutors were always telling the students the benefits of them promoting their skills by having their own great website so people can see not only what you can do but also that you too act upon the advice that you give, i would be shocked if i paid what i thought was a professional website designer to advise me who had a freewebs site

sorry that you feel bullied but i am sure/hope you can see what i mean

Last edited:
Thanks for understanding Chantell, I am nice girl and yes i know allot for my age i really wouldnt lie i did take a course in web design so i thought i could help this lady out i havent said a bad word to anyone at all, jus trying to help people but to recieve a pm like this

You are treading a fine line on this board... we are professionals. We respect others, we work hard and we pay for PROPER training.

You are answering back and thinking you know more than people that have been in the industry for YEARS, probably before you were born.

I am a SALON OWNER, thats right, I OWN a salon on the high street.....

perhaps had you been a little nicer in your replies to people they would offer you the invaluable information that can be gained here.

You are dealing with the top of the top. Have some god damn respect.

I do not accept this message fificharlie and well done u have upset me hope u are proud ive been on here a week and not too sure if i want to come back again! There are lovely people on here who have given me the best advice and ive tried to help also

Thanks for understanding Chantell, I am nice girl and yes i know allot for my age i really wouldnt lie i did take a course in web design so i thought i could help this lady out i havent said a bad word to anyone at all, jus trying to help people but to recieve a pm like this

You are treading a fine line on this board... we are professionals. We respect others, we work hard and we pay for PROPER training.

You are answering back and thinking you know more than people that have been in the industry for YEARS, probably before you were born.

I am a SALON OWNER, thats right, I OWN a salon on the high street.....

perhaps had you been a little nicer in your replies to people they would offer you the invaluable information that can be gained here.

You are dealing with the top of the top. Have some god damn respect.

I do not accept this message fificharlie and well done u have upset me hope u are proud ive been on here a week and not too sure if i want to come back again! There are lovely people on here who have given me the best advice and ive tried to help also

Great isn't it?

You should think yourself lucky that I havent posted the total abuse you have sent me......

Im sure I have spoken for a few here. :|

Great isn't it?

You should think yourself lucky that I havent posted the total abuse you have sent me......

Im sure I have spoken for a few here. :|

I doubt that - as ive done nothing wrong at all apart from help people
What can u name that ive done wrong?

Methinks we should get this thread back on track now! If anyone has a problem with another geek could it be sorted out via pm please not on a public thread? Or I shall throw my toys out of the pram and tell on you! :lol:

Thanks everyone! :green:

Latest posts

Back