Website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebekahsBeauty

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have recently set up my own website, just wanted you to look at it see what you think and if its good enough. thanks x

Rebekah's Beauty

hi hun your website looks good, i would just proof read it as i found a few spelling mistakes xx

Rebekah - well done.

Just a few things, I dont think I would include the statements that you have much experience in spray tanning just yet - what will you tell the clients when they ask you how long you have been doing it for? there are q few spelling mistakes that need correcting, "experience" on page 2, "avoid and quite" on before and aftercare page - there are quite a few others so I would get it all checked with spell check.

On maintaining the tan - you mention about using Johnsons cream - why are you not recommending your own cream?

I wouldnt advertise your long term special offers either - only your current, but other opinions may differ on that.

Hope that all helps.

Rebekah - well done.

Just a few things, I dont think I would include the statements that you have much experience in spray tanning just yet - what will you tell the clients when they ask you how long you have been doing it for? there are q few spelling mistakes that need correcting, "experience" on page 2, "avoid and quite" on before and aftercare page - there are quite a few others so I would get it all checked with spell check.

On maintaining the tan - you mention about using Johnsons cream - why are you not recommending your own cream?

I wouldnt advertise your long term special offers either - only your current, but other opinions may differ on that.

Hope that all helps.

Hey thanks hunni..Will go and change them bits and pieces now.
I put that on there just incase someone didnt buy my creams, but will change it xx

I dont know if this matters really but I'd change my email address too. It doesn't scream profesional and might be very appealing to any men that read the site. Especially with the little pic at the corner.

Thats just my opinion though :)

"I am a friendly professional Lady with much experiance with Spray Tanning. I offer a comfortable salon experiance in the comfort of the home."

this to me would suggest that you go to people's homes but you already stated that you are home based service

you need to check your grammar, punctuation and spellings as there are quite a few mistakes

recommend a professional cream, it is much better for the client and for you to retail

i don't think you should say a spray tan can be done in 10 minutes, just incase you take longer than this and a client may complain. Maybe say 10-20 minutes just to cover yourself

maybe you should put what products you use

not sure who you are insured with, but how about adding the name of the company or their logo

state that proof of qualification are available on request

at the bottom of some of the pages it says "enter supporting content", i am assuming that something needs to go here particularly as you have your mobile number on the home page

Last edited:
One thing that must definitely be changed is using a lower case "i" instead of a capital "I".

Copy and paste your text into a Word document so you can spell check it.

I noticed "your" instead of "you're" or "you are" and "I'm" is missing the apostrophe...
They're little things that IMO make a huge difference to the overall look and professionalism of a website.

You say you have "much experience", however, you're new to the industry, be honest with your prospective clients and tell them how long you've been in the industry for, if that means telling them that you're recently trained then so be it, they will thank you for your honesty... you won't always be newly trained and as you gain in confidence and experience you will be able to reword things a little.

Your website is your shop window to the world so you need to make it as appealing and correct as possible.

One other thing to add...

I wonder if all of your specials that are listed for the year might discourage people from booking other times. You have so many specials, they might feel ripped off booking in on full price days. Or think "I may as well wait til the next special" and you'll miss out on business.

What about only one special showing as Oey suggested, or better yet, some frequent tanning bonus - like get 5 tans get this much off the next one. Then there is no reason for them not to book in when the impulse hits them!

Just a thought!

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your tips,advice etc. Was very helpfull, ive been onto my website & changed most of the things you pointed out.

Rebekah's Beauty

Hey chick can still see spelling mistakes.......

Do not wear long boots as this mat make your tan patchy?

Also see you are still including the Johnsons as aftercare......I think this is a BIG mistake......I am a spray tan trainer and it is certainly NOT what we at TanTrick recommend....infact we do quite the opposite, you cant mix products and determine the outcome accuratley, further still if people dont want to follow the after care thats up to them but you will prob find they come back for resprays! If you advocate the use of Johnsons you are givin them a way to maintain a tan single handedly!!! Not to mention it does scream unprofessional...how many salons have you been in that would recommend over the counter products???

Just my opinion admittedly.

Hth

:hug:

Hey chick can still see spelling mistakes.......

Do not wear long boots as this mat make your tan patchy?

Also see you are still including the Johnsons as aftercare......I think this is a BIG mistake......I am a spray tan trainer and it is certainly NOT what we at TanTrick recommend....infact we do quite the opposite, you cant mix products and determine the outcome accuratley, further still if people dont want to follow the after care thats up to them but you will prob find they come back for resprays! If you advocate the use of Johnsons you are givin them a way to maintain a tan single handedly!!! Not to mention it does scream unprofessional...how many salons have you been in that would recommend over the counter products???

Just my opinion admittedly.

Hth

:hug:

Oh i see what you mean..I just thought incase i dont have any creams then there tan wont have been taken care of properly will go take that off xx thank you x

The client needs to moisturise twice a day after the tan to maintain it......but not with self tan.....if you dont have creams or you do and they dont buy it they will come trotting back for a respray quicker!!! Yay think returning clients!! Whoop Whoop!!!
Good luck hun!!

The client needs to moisturise twice a day after the tan to maintain it......but not with self tan.....if you dont have creams or you do and they dont buy it they will come trotting back for a respray quicker!!! Yay think returning clients!! Whoop Whoop!!!
Good luck hun!!

Hehe good plan!! Does make sense.. thanks for your help hun xx

Few spelling errors on there

"and streakiness is caused my improper home tanning creams or lotions"

Do not wear long boots as this mat make your tan patchy.

Check out the punctuation as a few others have said.

Looking good
x

january has a capital "J".
It may seem nitpicking, but people judge your professionalism by how professional you present yourself (including spelling).

If I see spelling mistakes on a site, it makes me doubt that persons edukayshunal standards in their training (and therefore their ability to treat me).

Just a thought ....

january has a capital "J".
It may seem nitpicking, but people judge your professionalism by how professional you present yourself (including spelling).

If I see spelling mistakes on a site, it makes me doubt that persons edukayshunal standards in their training (and therefore their ability to treat me).

Just a thought ....

So do I! It's really necessary to go through it very carefully and check all spelling and grammar. If needs be, get someone else to do it if you're not sure. But if I had the choice of two therapists, one with a really professional site and one with a site with lots of mistakes on it, I know for sure which one I'd go with!

Just bumping up my thread for my website as ive made drastic changes to it, i hope u like it, will be sending the link on here in 30-40 minutes xxx:green:

Here is my new look for my website (i know you cant get onto the price page was having a little problem and some of u may not see the pic on the side panel of the page no worries will be sorted tommorow)

but hope u like it

Rebekah's Beauty - Spray tanning in Essex

one more thing Rebekah,
on your price list
the first 3 prices you have a £ symbol, then you haven;t for the rest of the prices.

love the daisy!

one more thing Rebekah,
on your price list
the first 3 prices you have a £ symbol, then you haven;t for the rest of the prices.

love the daisy!

ahh yes good point thank you...Will change that tommorow xx

Latest posts

Back