Websites - do they really bring in business??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minime1

Reaction score
hi,

im new to the beauty geek, just wanted to say hello to every one....

anyway, i have been looking at the old threads from last year and reading all the comments all you geeks have wrote, its very interesting, :lol:

im really impressed with all of the websites that you all have, but do they really work?, what percentage of business do you get back from it? how do you monitor the effectiveness of it?
do they just work for the mobile therapist or do salons get customers from it?.

how do you promote your website? and lastly how much do they cost?

i think thats enough from the computer geek.... for today...

X X
Tasha.

My hubby designed my website for me and it cost me nothing for that bit, the hosting costs about £20-£30 a year and it is deffinately worth it.

I have a hidden counter on my site so I can see how many hits I get on it on any particular day or week.

I am not sure how much it would cost to have someone do all the website for you but my hubby is certainly cheap if you need any help!!

HTH

Rachel

I havet had any business off mine yet (that i know of anyway and i always ask where peeps got my details from).

within a week of my website going live I had 4 enquiries and 2 appointments, so well worth it!!

i think websites are a great way of advertising your services if they look professional.

I definately get business from my site. Clients tell friends to look at the gallery and see what I can do... they check out my price list and compare me to the competition...

Mine is only one of those free sites, and I've done the best that I can.
BUT it definately makes a difference.

hth's

Not had anything from mine!

Getting a website was the best thing I did for my business. It's an electronic shop window that the whole world can see...

Mine has more than paid for itself many times over. I always ask new customers where they heard about me, and for the last quarter of 2006 over 40% of new business came via the website.

I can also track what links people click on to reach the site, how long they stay on it, what pages they look at, what they search for in Google in order to find me, etc etc - this helps me tweak things and adjust my advertising, promotions and website content for my existing audience, as well as plan how to better reach the people who aren't yet coming through my door.

You can design your own site, but a good web designer is worth their weight in gold. In addition to doing all the design, coding and hosting, mine also helps with optimising the site for search engines, suggestions of where to link, and what to put on the site to draw more people in.

I've waffled a bit, but hope that helps :)

Andy x

I definately get business from my site. Clients tell friends to look at the gallery and see what I can do... they check out my price list and compare me to the competition...

Mine is only one of those free sites, and I've done the best that I can.
BUT it definately makes a difference.

hth's

As yet I don't have my own web site but Victoria is right about people telling other people about a website and they can go and have a look for themselves, especially as she says about looking at the gallery and thinking, "right those nails look fab and I want her to do mine" etc.
It's like shopping around without feeling committed if you get me.
I often look at websites before I buy anything, that is of course if there is one available.

Now I am thinking I better get mine up and running lol:)

My husband did mine for me and I've had a load of responses from it. Put the web address on all your literature and point it out to people if they pick up a price list. I've got my web address on price lists, appointment cards, business cards, letterheads, compliments slips........Get a good web site. It doesn't have to cost the earth.
Good luck!

I have got most of my clients through web site so works well for me.

Would love to change mine though.....any one know any with flash that isnt to expensive?

Working here in the city center of London, the square mile, people come and go, get relocated, leave to have babies, redundencies aso. So its an ever changing clientelle and some very old and faithfull ones, but all the new ones have found me via my website and also via Hyperion Group referral (thanks guys), I have on the bottom of my client record card a little "How did you find us" section and its always word of mouth or the Website. On checking back about 40% of the new ones are from the Web and 50% word of mouth and only 10% are off the street walk ins, but the Salon is located off the main road...
So the Web has been a power tool for me xxx

Latest posts

Back