Websites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily9

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a website done and before I take the plunge I'd like to get abut of insight from those that already have one!

Did you create your own if have one professionally done?

Do you get much business from your website?

How many of you put your prices on there ?

Hiya,

We build a lot of websites for geeks on this site so thought I'd share our experiences;

1. Professional or Own Built - This depends on you. Have you got the time and the skills to do it? There are some very easy to use systems out there but most fail the quality test for me personally and having a professional built site opens you up to further advanced development at a later stage if required plus they are easier to get up in google.

2. Amount of business from a website - again this varies. If marketed right, it can become your main source of business next to word of mouth. Lets face it, where does anyone look for anything these days? Google. Especially local business.

3. Prices - I think pretty much every site we have done has a price list on it. People presume the worst if you don't display prices. IE when you see a lovely Rolex with the words POA ;)

1. Did it myself but only because I knew coding at the time. I'd pay someone else now :)
2. Not at first, only when I did about 3 months of Google ads to get some clicks plus had some links back from the pro bodies I was with at the time. Also I didn't have much information on it to begin with. I added pages and pages of information about the treatments and that made a difference too.
3. Yes! Saved me having to take phone calls about it!

Hi Emily,
If you've decided then you should make professionals work on it reason being they'll know better and it is better to put a price to services you wish to provide them or maybe a downloadable menu or something but then that depends on what you want.
My firm has experience building such sites for important clients in the UK. Just in case you need a quote, let me know your requirements and i shall ask the team and get back to you with a quote.

I built my own but through the website www.wix.com was super easy and you can really make it your own.

I started out with my own through weebly but a few years ago upgraded and got one done. We've just had it done again. We rank really well on Google and get a lot of clients through it. And yes our prices are on there. I don't know why you wouldn't put prices on there.

Vic x

I did my own for years and it was ok. Last year I took the plunge and Bannerpenguiin designed a new website for me. So much more professional, didn't break the bank and very easy to work with.

I am now regularly getting clients finding me through Google and booking in.

I'd definitely go with a professional and I personally recommend Bannerpenguin.

Latest posts

Back