wedding advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gracy

nutty geek
Reaction score
hello all :D
i have been booked to do a wedding in june, bride, mother, 4 bridesmaids.
now the bride wants butterflys on her wedding finger, i dont want to do transfers, but 3d butterflies were the wings would be high off the finger do you know what i mean?
i have been playing and i cant seem to get it right, someone mentioned that there is a company that do moulds does anyone know who they are? or has anyone any ideas i could try.

shropshiredawn said:
now the bride wants butterflys on her wedding finger, i dont want to do transfers, but 3d butterflies were the wings would be high off the finger do you know what i mean?
i have been playing and i cant seem to get it right, someone mentioned that there is a company that do moulds does anyone know who they are? or has anyone any ideas i could try.
Hi Dawn,
just an idea, why don't you try making the butterfly in pieces i.e. make the body and the wings all separately on a piece of foil or plastic, and then peel off and stick together on the nail. I hope this makes sense, I have'nt tried it before, but unless you do you'll never know. Good luck.

Why not airbrush them on?

shropshiredawn said:

Hiya Dawn,
It may be best to design a butterfly flat to the nail and then apply clear L&p
over it. But if she wants a 3d design, You can make one using a small strip of acrylic for the body, Then make 2 wings ,stick the body onto the nail and then position the wings where needed. If all else fails and just for the day you can buy ready made butterflies made out of icing, You stick them onto cakes, But if you clear varnish them you can use them on nails too.
HTHs

thanks girls, i have tried doing them on acetate but what i`m after is the wings to be see through with some sort of pattern to them, i think i am being a bit adventurous lol they may be too delicate but i will keep trying.

shropshiredawn said:
thanks girls, i have tried doing them on acetate but what i`m after is the wings to be see through with some sort of pattern to them, i think i am being a bit adventurous lol they may be too delicate but i will keep trying.
Hi there!

What you could try is:
1. Draw the butterfly out on paper
2. Fold in half along the center body of the butterfly (gives V shape to butterfly)
3. Using clear L&P or gel sculpt the butterfly (whole drawing)
4. Using different colors add some details, let set/dry
5. Remove from backing paper
6. Place on nail
i.One half flat on nail other half free form nail or
ii.Fix to nail using body only, both wings of the nail.

Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say and its of some help.

Hiya

You could also try pressing some lace into the L+P while it is still soft and then removing it you will geta nice detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back