Wedding fairs - tips on capturing data

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceptionail

Reaction score
ive booked into doing my first wedding fair
Not sure if I'm excited or nervous.... Lol!

Just looking for tips and techniques to capture data. Or should I be aiming to get them to sign up on the day?

I'm thinking to ask visitors to sign up to receive a voucher via email for a voucher for free airbrush base when booking before 31st dec 2015.

I'm thinking I then have some names to target throughout the year too if they are getting married further down the line.

Feedback, advice and thoughts all welcome thank you in advance. Xx

Hi

You could do a nice competition and get people to enter the competition but make sure you get specific information from them like e mail address and when they are getting married. If it is a registration attendance the attendees might have badges that you can scan which captures all their info.

Just some tips.

Regards

Kim

LOVE the idea of a competition great idea, everyone loves to win something. Now to think what the prize could be! Free makeup is always a good choice isn't it!

What about a nice weekend away you could probably get a voucher fairly cheap for this time of year [emoji119]

Portfolio of your work on the table, goodie bags, people love things to take away and read.

Yes sign them up for a news letter and give them a voucher off their first appointment.

Make sure your stand is eye catching and professional. Draw them to your stand and you'll soon get them signed up. If your promotion doesn't look great they'll automatically think...ugh and walk past.

Definitely take a sheet to collect email addresses and ask everyone you talk to to write down their email address and you can send them details.

I learnt from the last one I did that I didn't utilise this enough. I just asked them when I should email them and it was mostly too late by the time they said. What I should have done was emailed them right away and sent them a voucher for the salon or something and asked them to like the FB page etc.

I always learn something I could do better when I do a fayre! :)

You could offer for a small fee (£10 pperson?) to do a makeover evening so the bride gets together a few friends. You do make-up advice for daytime/evening/party situation and they apply under your guidance, or you do half face and they finish the other half. If the bride likes you, she might book you.

I have done my share of Trade Shows...
You will receive a print out from the venue with Brides e-mail info.
Your Business Name indicates your strength is in nail care, correct? If you provide other services, you need to get that out to your booth visitors. You need to pull them into your space with a gimmick i.e. a product or service give-a-way! You need anyone's e-mails!!

Yours In Service,
Kathleen

I have done my share of Trade Shows...
You will receive a print out from the venue with Brides e-mail info.
That sounds an easier option
I'm assuming you do things a little differently in the states to what we do in the UK

The majority of our wedding fairs are open events, anyone can just turn up and have a wander around. Very few, sadly are invite only so we have to collect data ourselves.

Latest posts

Back