Wedding Fayre? Opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweet cheeks

Reaction score
Hi All i know there are a lot of previous posts on this but im asking to see if this will be ok. im doing my first wedding fayre in 2 weeks and im really nervous so trying to prepare as best as possible, how many brides do you normally get attend these sort of events?
THis is what i have planned so far:-
:green: Table with Leaflets(full details of services), Postcards (brief details), and business cards and an A3 and A4 portfolio was also thinking digital photo frame but worried bout being TOO much
:green:Slimline long cards with details on front and services and prices on back to be given out
:green:I am taking two friends - when one is modelling one is going to hand out cards and answer questions
:green:For the first 10 brides to enquire im doing a goody bag which will be a paper bag (pink my colour) with postcard mounted one side and business card on the other (extra advertising!) inside will have leaflet, discount voucher, sample size product, 2 business cards (one for a friend), and my mum is uber talented at gift cards and memory albums so am getting her to make me "good luck on your wedding day cards" and her email on back thought nice added touch
:green: i am also doing a prize draw for everyone who registers so i can send offers later
:green:and 10% off for trials booked on the day
:green:Getting a small banner or large poster (cant decide) made as well so people can see me :)

Have i thought of everything im really nervous and know this could be really good as long as im determined enough
Would really appreciate feedback thank you for readin my thread i go on a bit
xxx

Hi Hun,
You seem to have covered it all, just we wary, at Bridal fairs they all want something for nothing.
I have done my fair share, but not in the beauty trade, with my chocolate fountains, nightmare, I spent fortunes on rent, and fast became aware that I was just a free buffet. Which also cost me a lot, plus I was always the last one to pack up.
Eventually I got clever and used a TV and DVD player showing pics of loads of weddings I had done, gave out free sweeties, got them to register their details with me, so they could attend an open evening at my candy factory, did that a few times, now I just let the phone ring........Sorry but the wedding fairs didn't work for what I was doing, But I do think it works for the beauty side.
Have you thought of doin a sample nail, say just the pinkie?
Best of luck, please let me know how it goes for you.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

I agree with poshfloss I did my first fair last thur and one yest both were nothing to shout about, They werent that busy, nobody was really interested in nails as its a last min thing not something you think of before you have a dress/venue/cars etc. I have another on thur and its a bigger one and the most expensive so I'm hoping for a good turnout. Its exposure so at if i get a few people talking I'm happy.

P.s - if theres a fashion show make sure the compare has something good to say about you, on thur she didnt even know my name or what we really did and I was standing there smiling but wanting to give her a slap!

P.P.S - wear something good and if you can wear the feathery things or a hat!

Thank you both for your time to reply xxx

Well i done it and considering i got it for free! and the crowds or exhibitors werent huge im well chuffed got 3 bookings 2 follow up enquiries few new contacts and everyone that came to my table took a leaflet so i got out there woop woop thanks for your feedback xxxxx :green:

Latest posts

Back