Wedding fayre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxyheart_123

Reaction score
Hi guys, has anyone done a wedding fayre if so what kind of things did you do? Had a hotel contact me today asking if I wanted yo do it, I think it would be good for business what do you think?x

I would consider which hotel it is & what sort of people get married there. I do fayres & pick very carefully because certain hotels have a certain type of clientele & this obviously determines their budget etc. Also make sure the hotel / events company will be promoting their fayre on local radio / newspapers etc because otherwise they tend to be very quiet & not worth the effort.

That aside, I do little demos, offer people hair or make up & just do a simple hair up or if I'm doing makeup then just (for example) eye makeup. Make sure you take someone with you because you miss the opportunity to talk to brides whilst you're doing a demo.

I also find that people tend to visit wedding fayres well in advance of their wedding so they tend to be marrying 2 or 3 years down the line. I rarely get any bookings out of them for weddings in the next few months.

i did one a few weeks ago and doing 2 more at end of the year, i just took a nail art stand and leaflets with me, the girl that was doing hair did demos all day but didnt get to talk to anyone whereas i spoke to all the Brides and the exhibitors and the organisers. I not only got 3 weddings booked in but made some great contacts with the other exhibitors!!!

apparently some of the wedding fayres charge quite a bit for you to have a stand and these are not worth it!

Latest posts

Back