Wedding Fayres-has anyone ever held a stall at one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephR

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I was just wondering if any of you have ever held a stall at a Wedding fayre before?

I've been approached about holding a stall. It would be to promote my services as a nail technician (mostly CND Shellac). I've no idea if it would be worth my while. If I decide to do it I've been asked to pay £70 for my space. Sounds like a lot to me or is that normal?

Also what would I do/take with me? Obviously I'd take my Shellac bits, some colour pops/wheels, photos of my work. What else? Would I preform full treatments or just a taster? What about goody bags?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

Xxx

Hi ya

I have held quite a few stalls at wedding fayres but I have to be honest most brides enquire about the make up ......nails facials etc they do tend to have to compliment the make up before the big day.
Some fayres will let you carry out treatments others prefer you to give out leaflets have information to hand etc etc
Its great to have a picture portfolio for ppl to see and thank you cards etc ...
With regard to the goody bags the venue usually does a bag for the bride and then yo can pop something in it if you like usually this is sent to the venue prior to the day so they can make up the bags...

Hope this helps x

Ive never held one but when i was planning my wedding i went to a few and was realy disapointed that none of them let you have or watch the service being performed. Seemed like a waste to just have pictures and colour pops. Make the most of it. Even if you have a couple of friends already peped you can showcase application and removal to get a bit of a buz about your stall x

Hi, I've done a couple if wedding fayres and have had lots of good bookings from them, we promote hair and beauty. We did one back in may for a company and we are doing one in September for the same company this time around we are doing the hair and make up for the catwalk as they were impressed with what they saw the last time, my colleague did hair but I didn't do any beauty but I spent a lot of time talking to people. Those 2 wedding fayres cost £200 each so for the price you are paying I would go for it but I would get someone to give you a help at it. Hope this helps

I have done several wedding fairs. We did all the make up on the bridal catwalk models, and we got a stall in exchange. We did special promos - give us your name and email and we'll put you in a draw for a free make up etc, and we did discounts if booked with a deposit on the day of the fair. We did really well out of it. I would say £70 is a pretty reasonable price, so I'd go for it. Good luck x

I was wondering whether to go to a wedding fare after a few recent queries from a few brides for their wedding day. I offer keratin bonded and micro ring extensions. Any ideas on what to do for the stall? I'm clueless! Xx

They range from free ( if you negotiate doing treatments on the organiser) to £150!

Just work out how long it would take to pay it back....if you can manage it from one party booking then it's probs worth doing.

But the venue is key, and no goodie bags, just your expertise, maybe a few friends as models and discount on a group booking if they book there and then.

Xx

I actually quite liked the idea of goody bags! :) I was thinking for my hair extension stall to have a friend with me who I fit extensions for all the time and curl all her hair but a little tiara In and make it look at wedding like, also have a training head (or a live person if I can corner a friend!) to be putting micro rings in so people can see me within work and how it's done (no I won't be focussing on that more chatting to brides to be!) then I have my own products so have some of them about with pictures of my work, price lists, information booklets, aftercare sheets. And then to have very little goody bags for people to take, with a hair sample a little sample of my product, a little choccy and then leaflets and stuff for more info... How does that sound? Any more ideas? Xx

Latest posts

Back