Wedding fayres??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani miller

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I am a mobile nail tech and beauty therapist with a home treatment room to and I've noticed that there are a lot of wedding fayres coming up over summer and autumn. So it got me thinking. Do I contact the organisers to get a stall there or am I best off going in my uniform armed with business cards. I would really like to get my name out there with prospective brides and bridal parties and anyone else really!?!

I don't think you would be able to just turn up and hand out flyers, otherwise everyone would do it and it wouldn't be fair on those that pay out for the stalls. I did a couple locally and it set me back £180 each time for a small stall and I didn't get any bookings! :o(

I have done a couple of wedding fairs in the past when i first started out in hair/makeup/nails and I have found them a complete waste of my time and money.

I get more response from recommend 'a bride' vouchers (my take on 'recommend a friend vouchers), word of mouth and local press etc

I found that the 'brides to be' wanted massive discounts, bargings &/or free makeovers on the day of the fairs (which i didnt do as it would devalue my services).

Most brides I have spoken to since have told me they only go to wedding fairs to see what the average prices are for hair/makeup, nails etc and if they have booked someone at a wedding fair they have tended to cancel them a few days after, as they felt they had rushed or felt under pressure to book on the day of fair.

My bridal clients have said they would rather book a makeup artist/ hairstylist and nail tech based on word of mouth and rep etc rather than at a wedding fair.

As with most of these event you can not guarentee that the people walking through the doors are all actual brides.

Hth

Natalie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back