Wedding Fayres

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffyFileSlayer

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a Wedding Fayre? I have been asked if I want to do one locally in January - it costs £100 for a table. Wondered if anyone had any hints/advice/bewares etc., and if it was cost effective. Thanks :)

Merry Christmas :sunny:

Hi Kim,

I've never been to a wedding fayre so I don't know how cost effective it is. On the other hand as my hubby says, any exposure is good exposure. If its in January then you will be getting spring brides attending so once you get one or two people taking a look at your work then it attracts more and more.

Again as my hubby says you have to speculate to accumulate. If there is a 100 spring brides there and only 10 percent take you up, thats £300 if you charge £30 a time. Then from that you will get recommendations so the possibilities could be very lucrative. Bridesmaids, Maid of Honor, Mother of the Bride, etc.... the list could be endless. Then once you've got the spring over with, then comes summer holidays and you may get work because of advertising your skills in the wedding fayre.

Sounds all very far fetched but this is how it all works. Advertise your skills and before you know it you've got a successful business going on. As del boy says ' This time next year we could be millionaires' :D Maybe not quite but you know what I mean!!

xx Tamm

WHEN I OPENED MY FIRST SALON, I PARTICIPATED IN EVERY WEDDING FAYRE GOING!
I GAINED LOTS OF NEW CUSTOMERS, FOR NAILS AND BEAUTY.
IF YOU SET YOUR DESK UP WITH LOTS OF RETAIL ITEMS, SPECIAL OFFER FLYERS AND PRICE LISTS, AND OFFER TO DO A SAMPLE NAIL, WHILST YOU ARE DOING THE NAIL YOU WILL CREATE INTEREST AND WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE A NEW CLIENT (PLUS HER MOTHER, MOTHER IN LAW, BRIDESMAIDS AND FRIENDS)
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT BOOK AND DO A SPECIAL OFFER FOR WEDDING PARTIES.
ITS ALSO A GOOD IDEA TO TAKE SOME GOODY BAGS TO GIVE AWAY, OR WHY DON'T YOU HAVE SOME RAFFLE TICKETS, WITH THE PRIZE BEING A FULL SET OF NAILS OR LUXURY MANICURE, IF YOU GET EVERYONE TO FILL IN A FORM WITH THEIR DETAILS EVEN IF THEY DON'T WIN YOU COULD SEND THEM SOMETHING IN THE POST TO ENTICE THEM TO YOUR SALON.
ALSO IF YOU ARE INTO NAIL ART ITS A GOOD IDEA TO TAKE A PORTFOLIO OF YOUR WORK TO SHOW, AND DON'T FORGET TOES!!!! THEY ARE NOT GOING TO WANT ANYTHING TOO FLAMBOYANT BUT SHOW THEM HOW MANY DIFFERENT FRENCH MANICURES YOU CAN DO AND WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE WITH A FEW DIAMANTIES
HOPE THIS HELPS
DEBBIE EASTER
CREATIVE AMBASSADOR
MANCHESTER

Thanks Tamm, I was thinking along those lines but it was good to get confirmation from another in the know! ;)

Thanks also Debbie, this info is really useful you have really got me thinking! :idea:

I have booked my place today so I am going for it.

I will be advertising Creative because I have converted just about all my clients now and very soon they are the only products I will be using - I am wondering if Creative have any wedding type posters I could use or borrow. I will have to get making some demo nails and printing some literature.

Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas everyone! :hic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back