Wedding French Manicure Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layrex9

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been asked to do a french manicure on the morning of someone's wedding. I have both Jessica Polishes and also CND polishes. I have said to her that it might be an idea to come in the day before because polish takes such a long time to dry. Have I said the right thing? Especially being so busy on the big day I would be gutted if she smudged! How long do you reckon it would take to dry - they normally take hours!! What do you think I should do?

Many thanks!

A french Mancire isnt going to take long to do, so yes I think you have done the best thing by asking her to come in the night before, as you say if she smudges them on the day she will be gutted!

Just a few things to make sure that they stay fabby! Make sure you use a basecoat, like CND Stickey or similar, then use thin applications of enamel, that way it will dry quicker, than applying it thickly! Tops coat and a sprtiz of Solar Speedspray or similar!

Good luck hun xxxxxx:hug:

i totally agree with whats been said already.
i personally think its sensible for her to have them done the day before the wedding for a number of reasons e.g smudging and its just time consuming for her on the day as she could be doing other things rather than have her nails done and then have to wait a few hours for them to be dry properly.
i think you did the right thing by asking her to have them done the day beofre,just explain why you have asked her,im sure once you have done that she will probably think its a better idea as she probably hasnt thought about somethings.xx

I use Jessica and creative, i would DEFINATLY say for a natural nail manicure use Jessica. Make sure that you seal the edges with your top coat, as this stops them from smudging. Also check that your white is at the right consitency if its too thick, it will never set. Tell her to come in as late in the day as poss, so she has done all housework etc, and then after she has her manicure tell her to leave her hands out of water for all night if poss, but if not then def 3 hours, giving the polish a good chance to really set. If you can sell her a top coat then she can out it on everyday thereafter, to keep it looking perfect!

HTH XX

Latest posts

Back