Wedding hair no show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlajane1984

Reaction score
So. Last year I booked and paid in full for a salon to do my wedding hair of the bride 8 maids and 2 family members. The hairdresser requested left the salon a few months ago but agreed with the owner to complete all prom and wedding hair that was booked in with this stylist. 3 weeks ago I went to the salon and met the ex employer there for my trial no problems. Then 2 weeks ago the owner and ex employer had a fall out and the owner had been ignoring all messages and calls from the stylist about my wedding. Until the day befor my wedding when the salon owner texted. U know the bride use your own products. The owner is ignoring questions about the stylist being paid. The stylist did come to my venue the morning of the wedding and did all hair styles using her own time and products the owner has since deleted her off all social media and still ignoring her about payment.

So I have paid a.salon for a service that they did not carry out. How do I go about getting all monies paid back to me so then I can at least pay this poor lady for doing 11 hairstyles

Gosh, that’s a messy situation.
Did you separately agree a contract with the stylist to come and do the wedding hair after she left her employment?
Has the hairdresser who carried out the service asked you for payment?

What exactly word for word, did the salon owner text you before the wedding took place. This is crucial evidence of their assumed contractual obligation at that point.

If you were to sue the salon, they could argue that the service was provided on the day so there was no breach of contract.
You’d have to show that the salon had cancelled the service and that the arrangement with the stylist was a new separate contract between yourself and the stylist.

Gosh, that’s a messy situation.
Did you separately agree a contract with the stylist to come and do the wedding hair after she left her employment?
Has the hairdresser who carried out the service asked you for payment?

What exactly word for word, did the salon owner text you before the wedding took place. This is crucial evidence of their assumed contractual obligation at that point.

If you were to sue the salon, they could argue that the service was provided on the day so there was no breach of contract.
You’d have to show that the salon had cancelled the service and that the arrangement with the stylist was a new separate contract between yourself and the stylist.

No contract was made between me and the stylist she messaged me in friday and said that she would be coming to do our hair as she doesnt want me to be let down. The owner send 1 message only to the stylist on the day befor the wedding saying... your friend use your own products. The stylist obviously wants to get paid from working 7am to 1 30 pm. She asked the owner over and over about payment but is being ignored. My contract was with the salon itself not the stylist.

In that case, you’ve not really got a leg to stand on with regards to suing the salon. You paid the salon and the service was carried out by the original stylist. You did not enter into a separate agreement with the stylist after she left their employment. You could try writing to the salon and request a refund but I imagine they’ll just ignore you.

The stylist has been very naive in this instance.
She should have made it clear to the salon that she wasn’t prepared to carry out any pre-booked wedding hair services, without confirming that they would pay her for them, after her employment with them had ceased.

The stylist can try to sue the salon owner but as her employment had been terminated sometime before, she’d need to prove that a new contract existed between herself and the salon owner regarding these ad hoc pre-booked services. Without anything in writing, that’s going to be almost impossible to prove.

If you choose to give the stylist some money as a kind gesture, that’s up to you.

Sue the salon....that's terrible! Xx

In that case, you’ve not really got a leg to stand on with regards to suing the salon. You paid the salon and the service was carried out by the original stylist. You did not enter into a separate agreement with the stylist after she left their employment. You could try writing to the salon and request a refund but I imagine they’ll just ignore you.

The stylist has been very naive in this instance.
She should have made it clear to the salon that she wasn’t prepared to carry out any pre-booked wedding hair services, without confirming that they would pay her for them, after her employment with them had ceased.

The stylist can try to sue the salon owner but as her employment had been terminated sometime before, she’d need to prove that a new contract existed between herself and the salon owner regarding these ad hoc pre-booked services. Without anything in writing, that’s going to be almost impossible to prove.

If you choose to give the stylist some money as a kind gesture, that’s up to you.

Yes, I think AcidPerm has it right here.

There really isn't much for you to do. Up to the stylist to take it up with the salon and sue or whatever they feel is right.

Latest posts

Back