Wedding hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
My sister went into a salon for a trial for her wedding hair up.
I hate doing hair up.

I was, and she's really unimpressed.

She has poker straight hair. But she wants it pinned to one side with curls with curls sort of falling out. Not fully down but similar to picture.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447342128.244112.jpg

Anyways she went to this salon. And I said that her hair is poker straight but I've never set it before. So, she sprays some curl stuff on it and puts Velcro rollers in it. She goes under a climazone for a while, doesn't REALLY leave the curlers to cool before taking them out. And brushes quite rough/violently/forcefully through the hair. Of course all the curls came out.

So, the stylist basically barrel curled the head to one side (a typical 'argh sh** don't know what to do' hair up). She used her teeth to open every pin [emoji40]

Basically, is there anyway that my sister could actually have what she wants?

My sister went into a salon for a trial for her wedding hair up.
I hate doing hair up.

I was, and she's really unimpressed.

She has poker straight hair. But she wants it pinned to one side with curls with curls sort of falling out. Not fully down but similar to picture. View attachment 191988

Anyways she went to this salon. And I said that her hair is poker straight but I've never set it before. So, she sprays some curl stuff on it and puts Velcro rollers in it. She goes under a climazone for a while, doesn't REALLY leave the curlers to cool before taking them out. And brushes quite rough/violently/forcefully through the hair. Of course all the curls came out.

So, the stylist basically barrel curled the head to one side (a typical 'argh sh** don't know what to do' hair up). She used her teeth to open every pin [emoji40]

Basically, is there anyway that my sister could actually have what she wants?
I'd definitely say you need to use heat. I would either barrel curl and pin the sections to the head as you go along, allowing them to cool. Leave them to cool completely and dust with a little hairspray then when ready to style un-pin them all. Or you could use heated rollers in the same way.
Hope she gets on ok!

Try a wet set on her

It should be fairly straight forward, For something like the pic, we normally use our cloud9 o rollers for the volume on the top and then the wand to curl the rest. Then just some back combing & pinning to get the curls where you want them to sit. If you don't have o rollers or heated rollers then either a wet set for top or curly blowdry then pin the curls into barrel curls to let them cool down and set a bit more while you wand the back.

Using teeth to open pins is my pet hate, I Always used to say to my students, how many mouths & heads of hair do you think those pins have been in before you put them in your mouth and it soon stopped them!

I agree with surf gal! I think after wet set will work better on her because as you said she has poker straight hair, so although curling will somewhat create a bounce but it won't be the way she wants. When my sister got married last month she too faced a similar problem and she tried a set wet which really worked on her!

What happens with this after? @Grace_Hair & how's the wedding go the other day?

Latest posts

Back