Wedding help/advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sally1982

Reaction score
I'm doing a wedding Tomo only my 2nd one I'm doing bride hair and make up and 4 bridesmaids hair nothing complicated on them but I'm unsure of timings and when to do the brides hair and make up? X

Presumably you've done a trial so you know exactly what's required and how long each style will take to complete?

Always allow more time on the day because the bride will be interrupted frequently...

I did a trial for bride but not bridesmaids as she literally just said to do what's easiest and stress free for me she is very laid back X

I normally put brides hair in rollers and then leave her till last get all the bridesmaids done and out the way. Do the brides and then any touch ups/ extra grips/ hairspray anyone needs last

Ok Thankyou x

I'm doing a wedding Tomo only my 2nd one I'm doing bride hair and make up and 4 bridesmaids hair nothing complicated on them but I'm unsure of timings and when to do the brides hair and make up? X

Always allow more time on the day because the bride will be interrupted frequently...[/QUOTE]

Maybe too late to this conversation...but you can use this for later!

A large portion of my business is on-site weddings. I have a love/hate relationship with them!!! Typically it is best to work on the bridesmaids first. I'm unsure of your timing, but presumably you've had a runthrough of hair and make up with the bride prior, so you should have a vague idea of how long it will take for her! If not, we can't really help you there! So give yourself enough time to get the bridesmaids done (30-45 mins each?), leading up to the remaining time (plus some extra "wiggle room" time) needed to finish the bride. The reason I work on the bride last is so that she looks the most freshly styled at the end, right before her ceremony! And I also find it VERY effective to start with the make up first, finishing with the hair. Bride's are much less particular and fussy with their wedding hair when they have a full face of make up on...since in reality, wedding hair looks kind of ridiculous when the face doesn't match the formality. You will find her to be less picky with "this hair is bugging me, and I don't like how this looks here", if her make up gets done first!

If you have any remaining time to do last minute touch-ups on the bridesmaids following the completion of the bride, it's a nice customer service gesture to go through them all and make sure they all still look good. Even if everything looks great, the simple reassurance of "your hair is still looking beautiful, I just wanted to make sure before I head out", will help you gain referrals, as it shows you care about the wedding as a whole and that you're not just there to work.

Hope that helps with any future weddings, if I happened to miss the opportunity to catch you on this one!

Steven Robertson
www.stevenrobertsonhair.com
@stevenrobertsonhair

Latest posts

Back