Wedding make up for a terminally ill person, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balance Andover

Reaction score
My Auntie is terminally ill with only a couple of weeks to live, my Cousin has managed to get a special licence so he can marry his girlfriend on Saturday (their wedding was originally planned for Nov but they've bought it forward).

My auntie has asked me to do her make up, she is in her early 50's, never really worn much make up, and has yellowing of her skin due to Jaundice. I'm happy to do most types of make up but just need a little reassurance and advice on this one (as it is quite special for me to do) any tips ladies, I'm going to be using Jane Iredale on the whole Bridal party :)

Thank you

Michelle

Last edited:
My Auntie is terminally ill with only a couple of weeks to live, my Cousin has managed to get a special licence so he can marry his girlfriend on Saturday (their wedding was originally planned for Nov but they've bought it forward).

My auntie has asked me to do her make up, she is in her early 50's, never really worn much make up, and has yellowing of her skin due to Jaundice. I'm happy to do most types of make up but just need a little reassurance and advice on this one (as it is quite special for me to do) any tips ladies, I'm going to be using Jane Iredale on the whole Bridal party :)

Thank you

Michelle

I don't do make up Michelle, so I've no advice on that front.

I Just wanted to write to say - I hope your auntie has a truely special day on saturday :hug: :hug:

Xxx

I don't do make up Michelle, so I've no advice on that front.

I Just wanted to write to say - I hope your auntie has a truely special day on saturday :hug: :hug:

Xxx

likewise, all the best for a day of making special memories xx

Use a pink toned foundation which will counter act the yellow in her skin. And keep it really natural 😃 hope she has the most wonderful day!!! X

Do you have the contact details of one of the JI makeup artists or can you get some from your account rep? I'm sure they would be more then happy to help give some advice for this very special occasion.

Mat

I would use an illuminating foundation or primer to make sure she looks really healthy and glowing, or add a light liquid highligher on top of the foundation on the high points pf the face. A pink one would be flattering to conteract the yellow in her skin. Just try and make her look like a really polished version of herself. Waterproof mascara is a must for everyone as I imigine there will be a lot of tears.

Good luck, I hope you all have a great day x

Thank you

Michelle

Aaaaw bless you! She wouldn't have asked you if she didn't have faith in you.

I've done make up for a couple of terminally I'll brides and with each of them, due to medication the skin sweats profusely.
If you can get a trial in before hand just so you can see what works and what doesn't.
Xx

Mineral is definitely the way to go and everyone is right with the pink undertone and illuminators. I'm not a pro on JI range but Vani-t minerals do a Liquid radiance in Angels Wings which would make her glow and it knocks years off in photos. As everyone has said she would not have asked you if she did not think you would do an amazing job. Good luck and if you need anymore help we are all here.... :hug:

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

My Auntie decided a couple of nights before that she would prefer that I spend my time on the bride and the bridesmaids and that she would be happy to go 'as she is'.

The day was lovely, she managed to come to the wedding and the evening reception (with a rest in-between) and the sun shone all day!!

Michelle x

Latest posts

Back