wedding makeup must haves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi I am about to do a bridal makeup course after fininshing my vtct in makeup and have done lots of practise. I wondered what everyone has in their makeup bags for brides that they couldnt work without!!! At the moment I have a mixture of producs although most are virgin vie but I would love to find really long lasting foundations. I would be grateful of all answers to this thread as its difficult without spending tons of money to try lots of different things. I want to try and get a mixture of products that brides can access themselves.

hope you can help me!!

I think must haves include, Benefit High Beam, and YSL Touche Eclait....absolute essentials for any make up kit I think! Hth

:) Hi Laura,

i offer Make-up as a new service now to my clients. I have done one bridal make-over a couple of weeks ago now. Bride, mother and 2 bridesmaids. It was very nerve wracking. I stood constantly for 3 hours, so i was sweating a little. I was in a very small room too. But now i feel more confident for my next one.
I use Barbara Bort - an Italian Make-up brand - Sophie Spark, who is the Director is very friendly and helpul. I saw her at the Beauty Show at the NEC back in April, and looked at the products and her offers. I have brough a great deal of her make-up now and love it. There is no minimum order and she is always happy to help if you have a query. Pm me if you would like her details ie; phone number. The web site address for Barbara Bort is Home page barbarabort.com i also use benefit, bobbi brown, lily lolo (fantastic mineral eyeshadows) www.lilylolo.co.uk . I hope this helps you and good luck.:)

maybelline waterproof mascara is a must have for me

I love Guerlain's Meteorites for brides, it gives a beautiful dewy glow.
Guerlain Paris : beauty care for the body, women fragrance and men fragrance
I also use individual false lashes quite often for brides, they can get a bit teary without having to worry about mascara running.
Be careful about using too much YSL's Touche Eclat on brides, as it contains light reflecting particles. If they are photographed using a flash, they may end up with white glare around the eye's in photos.

I usually reccomend a long lasting lip colour - such as lip finity so that the lip colour lasts all day.

thank you for your replies so far. For those of you that use bobbi brown which particular products have you tried??? Do any of you know what the loose powder is like????

Thanks again
Laura

I use the Jane Iredale mineral make-up range - its so easy to use and its absolutely lovely.

I did a bridal party a few weeks ago and they were delighted with the results (as was I!!)

Here are the photos: PICS

sorry the photos are not the best as I was using my old camera which is a bit dodgyl!

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to ask more.

Ax

As has been said...don't go for anything with light reflecting pigments as the bride will look like a ghost in photo's. The only exception is Clarins Beauty Flash balm.....very gentle and gives anyones skin a wonderful lift (literally) if used under foundation half an hour before make-up is applied. Always do a bridal trial and include the time to take some photo's - test the result!

Can't beat MAC in my opinion for lasting wedding make-up. About the best over the counter range there is. Excellent range of colour, brushes are good too...and their equivalent to the Lipfinity lipstick (sorry can't remember the name) is much less drying than Lipfinity, and has a fab little lip gloss that pulls out the end....just perfect for the bride to stick in her bridesmaids bag or whatever for a quick top up before the photo's!

Good brushes are your other best friend....you wil get a much better and longer lasting result.

I also do bridal and occasion make up and use mainly MAC products. I love their primer and always use it under foundation. My favourite foundation is MAC Face & Body which is waterproof and you can have it really sheer or build it up for more coverage. You can buy it at the individual MAC stores but not at the concessions in department stores. It photographs really well – I’ve had some lovely results with this – see my gallery on www.akmakeup.co.uk

Another favourite is their FIX + spray which sets the make up and refreshes it throughout the day. I also agree with Lindsay – good brushes are a must!

Aveda lip shine ...which is a clear gloss and can be applied over lipstick....and your hair doesnt stick to it in the wind,...LMAO

Origins mascara in brown...much more flattering and not so harsh for brides.

Bare Escentuals clear radiance is a complexion enhancer,and when applied to the apple of the cheeks give such a dewy glow!!
hth

hello, i think you cant beat Estee Lauder double wear foundation for bridal make up. Is a good coverage, but if applied with a foundation brush sparingly is very naturally looking and quite fresh if you dont apply a powder. Its very good for lasting all day!:)

I also do bridal and occasion make up and use mainly MAC products. I love their primer and always use it under foundation. My favourite foundation is MAC Face & Body which is waterproof and you can have it really sheer or build it up for more coverage. You can buy it at the individual MAC stores but not at the concessions in department stores. It photographs really well

Hi, Ive been hearing quite a bit about MAC lately, and am quite interested.
Could you enlighten me a bit about the Primer, what is it exactly, some kind of moisturiser?

The MAC Prep + Prime Skin primer is put on over moisturiser, best to use a foundation brush for this, and the foundation goes on over the top. It's a light creamy gel consistency and improves the look of the skin and makes the foundation last a lot longer. I was demonstrating this to a client on her wedding make up trial session and I did one half of her face with the primer and the other side without and there is a definate difference - the side with the primer looked amazingly different. I always think it's like putting polyfilla over your open pores! Laura Mercier do a primer too but at £28 it's a lot more expensive than the MAC one.

love the sound of the primer, putting that on my list!! Thanks for all your replies

I use all Bare Escentuals products for my make ups, and clients can buy it directly from me. So it makes it easier all round :) Their entire range is beautiful and gives the most stunning effects on the skin.

Latest posts

Back