WEDDING QUOTE?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoed

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm a mobile hairdresser and looking to quote a client for her wedding. I live in Essex her weddings in Chippenham (this is 3 hours from my house).
She needs hair for her, 3 bridesmaids and mum of bride.

I was thinking £375 total ????

As I charge £35 per person for hair but what would you charge for 6 hours round trip travel! Or add on a hotel lol

Please help :)

I'd consider quoting for Mileage at 45p per mile along with an additional charge for time travelling (at your discretion maybe £15 per hour) and then adding the hair services separately.

By breaking it down this way you will be able to justify it to yourself easily and can always use this as an easy template for any future services even if they require less travel.

It’s 5 people. Is that a good day for you or less than great? You should charge for a whole Saturday and the impact on other clients who won’t be able to get their usual Saturday. You should charge an amount that makes it a great day for you. Would you drive 6 hours in a great day? If you’d usually only drive say 2 hours a day, you should consider how much you could earn in the 4 additional hours you will be driving.

To be honest, I’d go in around £500 and explain “I really need to charge £500 because of the distance I’ll need to travel”. You can always agree on a discount down from £500 but it’s important to be clear in your own mind about what will feel a fair rate for the inconvenience to your other clients and the impact on your week as you try and fit in your usual bookings without the Saturday.

I am a makeup artist and I charge £60 per person and £125 for the bride, plus 45p per mile travel. You have to charge more as you have to think how much I can take in the salon for the day, needs to cover that.

I think you’d better check this information from hairdressers. You can also view the price list on the Internet. After that, you will be able to determine the average price of the service. In my opinion, 375 pounds will be more than enough. My sister finally got married last month. She spent approximately the same amount of money on makeup and haircut. Btw, she also decided to use the services from bachelorettepartyhelp.com. However, I don’t think I will arrange something like that in the future. She spent too much nerve and effort on this.

Last edited:
Don't be afraid to ask for money for your hard work, especially since wedding services are always more expensive. Such an event requires more responsible preparation and, accordingly, hard work of the organizers, hairdressers, and stylists, which must be well paid. You have to spend a lot of money, but it's all justified. I remember preparing for my wedding for a very long time, and finding a place for the celebration and decorators was difficult. Still, at least I was lucky to find a tuxedo. This website Men's Wedding Suits & Groom's Tuxedos | Gentleman's Guru offers a variety of tuxedos and suits in different fabrics, colors, and prints. A good selection of suits makes the search easier. It saves time for something more necessary when preparing for your wedding reception.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back