Wedding Songs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobermum

Reaction score
I need to choose 2 pieces of music. One for the walk down the aisle and one for the first dance.

We are not an overly 'mushy' or 'traditional' couple but we do have a cracking sense of humour as do most of our guests. But, on the other hand I don't want to walk down the aisle to 'Nelly the Elephant'.

What did you have? Any ideas or suggestions for our wedding would be appreciated.:)

well I walked down the aisle to a flute player playing 'over the rainbow' one of my fav songs from my all time fav film so I had to do it, had most in tears so I guess it comes under the mushy title lol but you've got to go with what songs mean the most to you xx

my first dance was to Robbie ( not with him .... bugger ) but his songs meant a lot to us while we were trying for/ having my son so we HAD to have him (!!)

don't worry about being cheesy, or traditional go with the songs that have meant something to you and always will xx and enjoy !!!

My hubby's cousin played the organ at our blessing. With the vicars permission (he thought it was hilarious) he swapped from the traditional exit music to 'The Muppet Show' music as we exited the church.:wink2:
We had 3 songs for our first dance(s).
1st traditional style: Only You by Louis Armstrong (also played at the registry office)
2nd hubby's choice: I Try by Macy Gray
3rd my choice: Head over Feet by Alannis Morisette(sp?)
Feel free to use any of those ideas if you're brave.

My first wedding I walked down the isle to "Have I told you lately (that I love you" but to be fair " "we gotta get out of this place" was playing in my head the whole way through!!

Some of the dance tracks are nice the slower (candlelight I believe they are called) like Truly madly deeply by cascada

My first wedding I walked down the isle to "Have I told you lately (that I love you" but to be fair " "we gotta get out of this place" was playing in my head the whole way through!!

Pmsl this made me laugh ..... :biggrin:

Juliex

I love.... Mini Riperton - Loving You and summer breeze and paul weller - english rose.
or
when I'm 64

I had Katie Melua closest thing to crazy to walk down the isle, we signed the register to Shania Twain - From this moment and we left the registry office to Jean michel Jarre Oxygene. We didn't have a first dance as I was 34 weeks pregnant and ankles like balloons so had to sit down for the best part of the day.

Pmsl this made me laugh ..... :biggrin:

Juliex

I shouldnt laugh but the whole marriage was a sham!! my second one will be much more meaningful!!

Our first Dance song was 'Those Three Words' Norah jones.

He wanted The Kinks 'Lola' - him and his best man had a right good laugh at that :suprised:

I met her in a club down in old soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola
C-o-l-a cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said lola
L-o-l-a lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well Im not the worlds most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Well Im not dumb but I cant understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said dear boy wont you come home with me
Well Im not the worlds most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

Well thats the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
Its a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I left home just a week before
And Id never ever kissed a woman before
But lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy Im gonna make you a man

Well Im not the worlds most masculine man
But I know what I am and Im glad Im a man
And so is lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

I was much bigger then! :D

My son is getting married in 2 weeks time at a really posh country house and I can't wait to hear what music they choose.....................
"their song" is " She bangs" by Ricky Martin :eek:!!!

Our 1st dance was Lonestar 'Amazed' we danced to it twice, once when we got married abroad then again at our party when we got home!

A lovely song with great words!!

We just had the traditional here comes the bride in chuch and our first dance was Dusty Springfield - I only want to be with you.

My sister ha a cracker for her first dance - The minder theme tune - I could be so good to you.

Are you going to go with the new craze and have a whole dance prepared like dirty dancing.

We walked down the isle to Lemar - What About Love (Dedicated Album) and our first dance was K-Ci and JoJo - All My Life (Its Real Album)

Not many people have heard of K-Ci and JoJo but its a really nice song and meaningful to us.

Some friends walked out to Queen - Your My Bestfriend,Cheesy!!!

Wow...you all have such an eclectic mix....thanks for sharing....I still don't know what to have.I have been with Andy 7 years and we have never danced together...that's probably why we don't have an 'our song'.

We had Shania Twain 'You're Still the One' when I walked down the aisle and then for our first dance it was Daniel Beddingfield 'If You're Not The One.' I can't stand that song now! lol My hubby don't like it as well!! I think it was something to do with the mother in law liking it! HAHA! But our song we have now is K Ci & JoJo All My Life. Love that song, so romantic! x x

Latest posts

Back