Week From Hell Part 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
More of an evening from hell than a week really...

Ray had been up to my Mum & Dad's house to fix their printer, and walked halfway home with my brother, who then left him to call at the local shop. Ray had about 100 metres to walk to our house. At 8.30 a bloke I'd never met before knocked on my door to tell me that a man claiming to live here had been beaten up and was laying in the road. I ran up to where he was, a a couple, and this man were helping him. Apparently 2 lads had been drinking vodka from a bottle whilst walking along - they shouted something over to Ray, who then shouted something back, then they beat the cr*p out of him and left him laying in the middle of the A56. This had been witnessed by the couple - who had been driving towards them at the time, and a lady who lived by the side of the road, a the other man. He had a broken nose, and was covered in blood. When I got there he was wrapped in a quilt and a blanket and was being taken care of by these people. He was very upset when I got there and just wanted to go home. The police (2 cars) and ambulance arrived just after I got there, one went off to look for the lads, and the other took details from all the witnesses.
He refused to go to hospital, but I think we may go up in the morning. He's had painkillers and is asleep at the moment.

I have a whole mixture of feelings going on at the moment - anger, upset, disbelief, and amazement - that 4 complete strangers can show such compassion and go to the lengths they did tonight to help him. One woman's husband went running off after the lads.

I hate living here so much. Helsby is supposed to be a quiet village - house prices are through the roof because the area is so "desirable" - all i want to do is move away...

God that is terrible no wonder you want to move, thank god for those others around or it could ahve been a lot worse.

Hope he recovers soon
thinking of you both
x

Hi Sara

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, it must have been an enormous shock.

Just to share one of my experiences - one of my friends was beaten to a pulp a few years back and it's surprising how quickly they recover. About a week after it happened you would never have been able to guess what had happened. Obviously the mental scars take a lot longer to heal but the physical ones disappear really quickly.

Maybe it's best that you do get him to a hospital tomorrow just to be on the safe side. It's better for the doctors to check him over, you never know what other damage may have been done that you can't see on the surface.

Glad to hear that those people took the time to help him - so many people don't bother these days and it's a real shame. I'm sure you're thanking your lucky stars that they were there to assist your husband when he needed them.

I hope he makes a speedy recovery. I'm sending lots of get well vibes his way! xx

You will go through a range of emotions at a time like this - so will your husband. Same thing happened to my brother, 20 + years ago but he ended up dying from it. I can sympathise with how you feel. Take care and hugs to you both :hug: :hug: :hug:

How dreadful!
The world is an awful place at times....no matter where you are!

I had one of my regulars call today to check her appointment time with me....I asked if I had not given her an appointment card....she exclaimed...Yes, But...she had been mugged on Wednesday....3,30pm in a Darlaston St....She is over 60....Apparently she gave a bit of a fight when the thug grabbed her bag, but he swung her round till she fell and he ran off with her bag....containing her moby, money and all her personal things! Appointment card included!
How callous are some folk eh? :mad: :(

Im sending luv and hugs to you and Ray.....hope he is ok luv!

:Love:

God that's awful - I'm so glad he's OK - a bit banged up and sore but he'll be OK :hug:

It's frightening to think that this sort of thing goes on and happens to people just minding their own business - it's not like he was walking the streets in a busy clubbing area full of yobs :|

It warms my heart to hear of strangers who come to the rescue of people in need - I've always tried to help out when I can, and I like to think that it rubs off on someone somewhere who'll help someone else in return. Perhaps when you're both feeling better you could drop a thank you card in to those lovely people.

Take care of each other

Love
Trin
xx

Oh Sara that sounds horrendous and I understand what you are saying - trouble is, this sort of thing isn't isolated to certain areas only - sooner or later it happens, anywhere and everwhere.

I really wish Ray a speedy recovery though he is very naughty not to have gone along to the hospital there and then - typical man huh!

Thank goodness that amongst all these rotten thugs, there are still good people out there who are prepared to help out - in this day and age we live in, I am surprised that there are still people who will, in spite of the chance of suffering the same or a worse fate than the victims, leap to help out complete strangers. Thank goodness for those people huh.

I just wish the government/authorities would really start dealing with these thugs and coming down hard on them...it makes me so mad hearing things like this.

What a horrible frightening experience for you both, its scary to think that you can be attacted just for the hell of it. But like a previous post... its happening everywhere. It just softens the blow when you have the kindness and compassion of complete stragers coming to your husband's aid - thankfully there are still people who stick their necks out for their fellow man.

Hope Ray gets over this ordeal soon and that you both can put this wicked incident behind you and get on with your lives.

Thinking of you both.

Sorry to hear your news hope you both recover quickly.

Oh Sara I am so sorry for you adn Ray and I hope he recovers soon xxxxxx

Please take care both of you :hug:

Oh Sara, that's just awful... how can people be so evil? It's no wonder your emotions are all over the place.

Sending hugs and best wishes, and wishing Ray a very speedy recovery.

You poor thing, there are some really horrible people around but then on the other hand there are those complete strangers that helped. There are plenty of places where people would just walk away!

Thinking of you both and let us know how your other half is! :hug:

oh hun i hope hes ok, its awful seeing something like that , my nephew got bashed by 2 men with crowbars, i am amazed they didnt kill him , and when i saw him after 2 days his face had healed loads , but i still cried my eyes out, he was only 16 , but the guys who did it got away with it , :eek:
just give him loads of tlc, and bacon sarnies , lol , that might make him feel better , love dee

oh sarah,
you and ray have had some crap thrown at you of late, and i cant say anything which will ease both your pain but.........ray must go to the hospital, if only to get his injuries and incident logged so if it comes to it, and these monsterous thugs(get caught) get taken to court then there is something written down about the injuries ray recieved.
god how their mothers must be so proud................makes me feel sick to the stomach.
sending my thoughts to you both :hug:

Sara, so sorry to hear your news. I hope your husband makes a speedy recovery.

Sara, so sorry to hear of this awful incident.
Please get Ray seen to at the hospital, even if it's just to confirm there's nothing else wrong deeper in him.
Hugs to you and all the best to Ray.

"I just wish the government/authorities would really start dealing with these thugs and coming down hard on them...it makes me so mad hearing things like this."

As Hollyballoo said above, we all wish the same, but to be honest, I no longer have any faith in the justice system here.
Things like this confirm to me everyday that we really should emigrate, for a better and safer life for our kids.

All the best to you and your family.

Hi Sarah

So sorry to here your news hugs to you both these people are the scum of the earth what is it with people that makes them want to inflict pain on another human its beyond me.
I hope that the police get the full story ans these lads are taken to court..............are they from your area.

Take care Dawnie xxx

Bloody hell Sara, how much more crap is life going to throw at your family, the Man upstairs is definitely testing you at the moment. But on the flip side it is so nice to see how people are still willing to help in times like this, there are still some good samaritans out there.

It makes you think though when you confront these people how careful you have to be .... this story will hopefully bring a smile to your face, but it could have ended up very differently .... in Fareham we have one of those roundabouts with traffic lights on that everyone speeds round and always jump the red lights. Well I was pulling up at an amber light and I could see the girl in the car behind expleting and gesturing at me because I hadn't jumped the lights. Well something just snapped in me, I am so sick of rude people in this country and decided I am just NOT HAVING IT! So I got out of my car and went up to hers and said "It's no use swearing at me, it's illegal to go through an amber light", she looked at me and said "What?" So I repeated what I said, thankfully she went all timid and said "I was doing it at something else". "Yeah right and I came in on the last banana boat" I said, and with that got back into my car and went off through a green light. But if she had decided to pick a fight I would have lost cos I'm only a titchy Geek!!

Take really good care of you and your family, I really hope this is the final bad luck story we hear and that it's all good from hereon in.

Oh Sara,

Im so sorry to hear about your hubbys awful experience. The likes of these thugs need a taste of their own medicine if you ask me. The same thing happened to me about 5 years ago when i was beat up quite badly by 2 girls, not a nice experience. But i can honestly tell you that the hardest thing to recover from is the damage to your self esteem, and confidence. I looked like i had done rounds with a boxer, i had bite marks on me, and they had kicked me in the face with stiletto heals on too. The cows! I had the stuffing knocked out of me, which i expect is how your poor hubby feels right now. The physical damage will heal, but he will need a lot of TLC, and loving and he will be ok, im sure. Oh I did get the girls prosecuted, and got a little compensation from them, but having their names in the local paper must have been hard for them!!
Take care honey.
(ps ive sent your parcel to you,)

Michelle xxxx

Sarah and Ray, chin up, you've both been through the mill lately, take strength from each other.

Bless the both of you.

Christine

Latest posts

Back