Weekend nails - tips and help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique Nails09

Reaction score
Hello all, i'm having a little think of how to get more customers into the salon during this quiet period, and have decided to try out the 'weekend nails' simply due to the fact they are cheaper for the customer and more appealing to those who simply want a fast result for a one off occasion.

What tips do you all use, i assume they would have to be strong ones, does any one have any suggestions, i use NSI products but would be willing to use another brands tips.

Also what is your method of appliaction? And what sort of charge, I was thinking £18.00 (which includes a soak off when they want them removing, assuming this takes hardly any time as there is not much product to remove?)

Sorry to go over old ground but would like some help!

ta xxx

Sorry to sound really negative but would people not just use glue on nails from Boots or whatever if they only wanted nails for a weekend? Is there much of a market for this?

Last edited:
From what i have gathered it is a good service to offer, people can do it themselves with the aid of the boots stick on, but i think they prefer a professional job, it seems a profitable treatment to offer due to the fact it takes only 30 mins and you use hardly any products!

I think it would bring in business from young girls wanting nails for their proms but not willing to pay for a proper full set, same as some clients who may want lovely nails for a night out etc but don't want to be committed to the price and upkeep of regular full sets.

I think its worth a shot x

Hi for temporary tips I apply a tip, blend, shape etc then apply 1 layer of gel they will last for 48 hours. or buy the pre - designed tips I use both methods for proms & weddings etc depending on what the clients prefers.

Sorry to sound really negative but would people not just use glue on nails from Boots or whatever if they only wanted nails for a weekend? Is there much of a market for this?

They are a huge hit in my town, the boots stick ons usually end up falling off over the course of the occasion!

Thanks love, so which tips are the best, would regular tips be okay, i'd have nightmares of them coming off before they'd even left the salon! is glaze and go by NSI suitable to use over the top?

sorry for all the questions!

x

Hi I use my nomal tips, but if you want some pre - designed tips I get mine from pro impressions. sorry cant help you with nsi products as I do not use it. I use IBD. and yes I have alot of students who have temporary tips and people just wanting abit more length for a night out without the worry of them being on for long due to work.

Hi I use my nomal tips, but if you want some pre - designed tips I get mine from pro impressions. sorry cant help you with nsi products as I do not use it. I use IBD. and yes I have alot of students who have temporary tips and people just wanting abit more length for a night out without the worry of them being on for long due to work.

Sharon,

Glaze 'n Go is similar to IBD's Intense Seal, I believe. Would you use Intense Seal on your weekend nails?

Hun

There are so many designs out there for weekend/party nails. I believe sally's are now stocking pro-impressions nails now (just the stick-on )

I use them a lot just prep the nails as you would normally, then place the adhesive in the nail and press..Baddabing you have a great set of nails :)

One word of advice, becareful with these little buggers as they can get air trapped in them. They last pretty good, most last over the weekend to be honest and some have them on for a couple of weeks! time they get back to me to have them removed they are all worn and chipped but still on lol

x

Last edited:
ok im probably going to sound really silly now... this thread is quite old but i just came accross it :) I know we call them weekend nails etc, but why do they only take 30 mns to do? I have done some pre-designed tips with Nsi L&p and I apply them as I would a normal set of enhancements, prep time and application etc, 1 set takes me 1hr 30min.. am I doing it wrong? :rolleyes: I understand about the fact you will only get 1 infill out of pre designed tips. Am i being silly? or have I got the wrong wend of the stick? :smack:

ok im probably going to sound really silly now... this thread is quite old but i just came accross it :) I know we call them weekend nails etc, but why do they only take 30 mns to do? I have done some pre-designed tips with Nsi L&p and I apply them as I would a normal set of enhancements, prep time and application etc, 1 set takes me 1hr 30min.. am I doing it wrong? :rolleyes: I understand about the fact you will only get 1 infill out of pre designed tips. Am i being silly? or have I got the wrong wend of the stick? :smack:

I think you're getting the wrong idea, sweetie! :hug:

Weekend nails are where you just apply the tip, blend it in and then maybe apply a colour/topcoat - they last around 3 days (for my clients anyway) hence the name 'weekend'. They only take 30 mins because there is no acrylic/gel etc involved - just the tip.

hth!! x

oh i see! lol now i do feel mega silly :rolleyes: that does make alot more sense :) thanks huni xx

youre not being negative, just ignorant.
from thurs to sat most weeks i do around 6 sets of weekend nails, baring in mind i offer all/most hair & beauty treatments,and 80% of my business if hair extensions, thats alot! yes a clients can buy there own from a chemist or wherever,but everyone likes to be pampered, not everyone can size,and apply nails like a professional,or do a professional polish, or add some funky nail art, the fact that theyre chosen and sized properly makes them stay on, they can last a week, mine often do.
I add a hand/arm massage,and have lots of gems/nail art extras, my clients love them! : )

I'm just wondering whether people prefer using just tips or whether they use a full cover nail like the stick on ones from boots?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back