Weekender/Party Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that weekender or party nails are just the tips that are applied and blended but without the product being put on over the top???

Thanks guys :eek:

Thats right Chele, just blended tips with polish over the top x

Hi Ya when i did two sets last week to last for a wedding i did the same but applied one thin coat of gel and they lasted really well x

I had them on my self and managed to keep them on for over a week..! there a great quick fix...:biggrin:

Thanks geekettes :biggrin:

Kellyc said:
Hi Ya when i did two sets last week to last for a wedding i did the same but applied one thin coat of gel and they lasted really well x

hi...which gel did you put on? the builder or the sealer?

If you just applied the tips and blended and then applied polish, wouldn't you be able to see that little lip there?

Thanks,

aj

aj1 said:
If you just applied the tips and blended and then applied polish, wouldn't you be able to see that little lip there?

Thanks,

aj

Not if you blend them perfectly and seamlessly! ;) Best thing to do is to preblend as much as possible and place on nail at the free edge at a 45% angle ... then blend up from the tip and finally gently accross the seam line, making sure you are not buffing or filing the natural nail plate, and the seam should be gone in no time and leave you with a perfectly blended tip with no lip or ridge :) Painting over this will be like painting over your natural nail :)

What type of tip do you use for these party nails?

Thanks,

aj

Kellyc said:
If you dont mind me asking, how much do you charge for party nails. It sounds like a great idea.

I have never heard of party nails, i am intrigued as the other day i was doing my mums nails (L&P) and after i blended the tips she was bursting for the loo and she came back downstairs and she had snapped three off????

How do you make them strong? surely a coat of polish cant do it alone?

I done a set of these on myself when I first started out - I was too scared to do the L&P too, I went out, they lasted all night! Was very pleased and they are a great quick solution! I always put a coat of clear gel over too, then high gloss gel over that, just to ensure they will be ok for a night / couple of days.
I charge £12.00 - they are great!
x

Lissie Broom said:
I have never heard of party nails, i am intrigued as the other day i was doing my mums nails (L&P) and after i blended the tips she was bursting for the loo and she came back downstairs and she had snapped three off????

I might add this to my menu. i think if you put some hardwearing polish over they would last a night or day for people that dont want any thing permanent and are going to wedding or party. soon be sunday hee hee. (at work again tut tut)

Lissie Broom said:

I put a UV gloss sealer over the top and cure under the UV lampand they are fine that way....never tried with just polish...probably UV gel is quicker as you just do one coat whereas you have to do more than one coat on most polishes. I have used natural and french tips for this service. It depends on how heavy handed the person is, as to how long they last.

We do a version of weekend nails at our salon, we use a full clear tip, applied to the whole of the natural nail... Similar to the natural tips that can be bought at the chemist, except that ours are clear, fitted correctly and applied following a good prep. we are then able to french polish these and they look beautiful.. We use the same rules when sizing tips as we do for tip and overlay... good 'c' curve and sidewall fit! The nails usually last up to two weeks.... and have been known to last longer!!!

I have never been keen on just applying a tip and blending it as it seems so weak... and once applied it would be just as easy and wouldn't take much longer to apply a full overlay!

sue x

Latest posts

Back