Weighing colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinset n curls

Reaction score
Hi. So I've been hairdressing for years and have never used scales tbh I've not even used a measuring jug either. So why now did I decide to buy some digital scales 🤔? Never had any problems but just thought that especially with my more creative mixes I should try and be consistent. So I bought scales. No gram option but apparently mill n gram are the same. I weigh the colour (using the option of the bowl not included) and then start to pour in the peroxide and Whoa!! There was hardly any in there for the weight. Has anyone else ever done this . I'm going to try putting peroxide in a jug first I think as an experiment. I kept thinking this can't be right. Confused x

I’ve been using digital scales for years to ensure consistency when mixing. I buy ordinary digital kitchen scales so both ml and grams and place the tint bowl on the flat surface and reset it to zero then add the tint. I reset to zero each time I add another ingredient (just like baking). I also use scales when mixing bleach so that it’s consistent too.

I think it’s especially important when you mix your own colour combo’s to use scales to ensure accuracy. If using two or more tints, I’ll use a small whisk to make sure it’s properly mixed. I think this works better and you can use the tip of your tint brush to apply as usual without having blobs of tint halfway up the ferrule of the brush.

...I weigh the colour (using the option of the bowl not included) and then start to pour in the peroxide and Whoa!! There was hardly any in there for the weight....

Do you mean that the scales weren’t accurately recording the weight of the peroxide liquid? Or that you were surprised that 60ml was less than you thought?

Like it was way less than I thought. 😯

Yes way less !!

Oops, that‘s interesting. 😆

I imagine you might notice a difference in your colour processing and its longevity now.

Oops, that‘s interesting. 😆

I imagine you might notice a difference in your colour processing and its longevity now.
And probably white coverage

Probably all of the above. !! 🤦

Latest posts

Back